01

The head weighs heavily and there is no denying the burden to bear, but that does not mean being free of everything else.

"One day Orm, your father will no longer be with us and you will have to take his place. You will take your place in the line of the old kings and it will not be about making him proud, but only about being a good ruler. A good king. Until then, learn from his mistakes, not to repeat them or to do the same, but to do it better", to realize that the decision they made would be their undoing in the future, Norvina had been at court long enough and therefore knew all the kingdoms, as well as their principles and intentions, "The reign of a king rises and sets like the sun. One day it will set with your father for the last time and rise again with you. You don't make your parents proud by showing them how many successes you have, but by proving to them how to make the right decisions. It shows them that they, as parents, have done everything right. Some, are destined to rule, while others, are not. And whether you are, will have to be seen. Not today, maybe not tomorrow Orm, but one day, you will understand, I assure you."

"Great words Norvina. You should take the place of the sea witches, for they too, refuse to use plain words. Everything is wrapped up nicely with them, be it ever so awful, as you are doing right now, to make it sound especially wise," Orm replied amused by her words, which caused Norvina to give him a sobering look, as he once again, as so often, smiled at her words, "Where will you be when the time comes? On the day of the last sunset."

"An eternity will pass before then, so I can't give you an answer to that yet," Norvina replied cautiously, knowing that a king's reign could be over sooner than anyone else's, thanks to his power as well as the enemies that resulted from it, and reassuring Orm that it would take time hadn't been the best of moves, because he would hold it against her forever if it wasn't, "Don't hold on to the feast that will be one. Your time will come soon enough, so stop wasting your thoughts on it. Your life is happening right now. Here and now. Live it, because someday, you'll wish you had."

When you let go of what you are, you become whatever you want to be. When you let go of what you have, you get what you need. For some, this may not be so easy.