Chapter 18

Glossed over blue eyes opened slowly as a groggy groan escaped dry, cracked lips. Naruto scrunched his eyebrows as his vision was nothing but a blur yet again. He felt worse than he did before. Trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes, his exhausted arm stopped short of where it rested. Naruto heard a rattling, but couldn't decipher what it was.

"Naruto?" he heard a gentle voice call out to him.

Blinking again, Naruto tried to focus on the blur that seemed to be sitting on the right side of his bed, in what he assumed was a chair. No matter how many times he blinked, his vision was still slightly blurred, so he was not able to make out details of the person. Still frowning, Naruto tried yet again to bring his hands to his face to rub the grogginess away.

He started to breathe heavier as he realized he wasn't able to move. He started pulling both of his wrists and was met with resistance on both sides. Suddenly his heart monitor picked up as Naruto started to panic. When he went to lift his legs, was when he realized he was restrained down.

"Wh.. what is this?!" his panicked voice cracked.

"Naruto, calm down" the voice spoke again.

"Wh-Who are you? Why can't I move? Where am I?" the heart monitor began to beep even faster as the blond's heart rate increased higher and higher.

Still unable to fully tell what was going on, Naruto heard the voice from a little farther away. He couldn't make out what was being said, but suddenly there was another voice in the room with them.

"Naruto. Calm down before you give yourself a heart attack" the second voice said.

Suddenly, tears streamed down whiskered cheeks. "What is going on.. I-I'm scared" he whispered as he continued to exhaustedly pull on the restraints.

"Dobe, calm down. Nothing is going to happen to you. I promise"

Naruto blinked the tears away as his vision slowly came back into focus. "S-Sasuke?"

Finally being able to see clearly, Naruto smiled as tears still poured from his blue eyes. He had never been happier to see those dark coal eyes and pale skin. That smile soon faded and tears turned into full on sobs when Sasuke took his hand in his. Naruto was an emotional mess.

"Kakashi, will you let him go now?!" Sasuke's voice was clearly impatient.

Kakashi gave a skeptical look at the blond, though all he was doing at this point was sobbing. He had reservations as he saw how hysterical Naruto was the last time he was conscious.

"I won't let him hurt himself" Sasuke stated sternly as his eyes remained on the silver haired man, gently squeezing the tan hand that was in his own.

Kakashi sighed and nodded as he removed the restraints from Naruto's wrists, and then removed the ones that laid across his body. He rolled his eyes and walked out of the room as soon as he saw the blond leap out of the bed clumsily.

Sasuke fell to the floor as Naruto tackled him, wrapping his arms around Sasuke's neck. Naruto's body began to tremble slightly as he was still sobbing.

"Naru-"

"Sasuke! I am so sorry!" Naruto blurted out through broken cries as he glanced at Sasuke's broken arm.

"Naruto.. cal-"

Naruto hugged tighter as he buried his face into the crook of the pale neck. "It's my fault you got hurt. I'm so sorry. You shouldn't have-"

Sasuke moved Naruto so he was in front of him. Using both hands, Sasuke ignored the pain in his arm as he cupped Naruto's tear streaked cheeks, squishing them slightly to prevent Naruto from talking. "Stop. Talking"