Chapter 2

Naruto was awoken a few hours later by the ringing of his phone. He groaned as he wanted more than anything to just ignore the damn thing. He looked at the caller ID and saw it was his work.

"Hello?"

"Naruto! Hey! I know it's your off day, but I could REALLY use a hand tonight! Anyway can you come in?"

"Let me call you back in just a minute and I'll let you know. I have to see if I can rearrange my plans"

"Okay!"

He hung up the phone and let out a sigh. He sent his boyfriend a message, asking if it was okay he went into work. He normally wouldn't have to ask, but after earlier today, he didn't want to risk it. The message he got back was along the lines of "whatever."

Instead of calling, as he really didn't want to speak with anyone, Naruto shot his co-worker a message and said he will be in as soon as possible.

He rolled into the floor and landed with a small 'thud'. Taking a moment to think, he realized he had a good story for his head if anyone asked. Getting his work clothes, Naruto changed in the bathroom. Though they didn't have a uniform, he opted to change just in case there was something wrong with his clothes that he missed. He wouldn't be surprised if there was a rip somewhere or even a blood stain somewhere.

Putting on his long sleeve shirt, he also grabbed his jacket before heading out to the cafe he worked. He didn't drive often, but he did drive to work as it was about 20 minutes away. He hopped into his beat up red car and prayed it would start. Thankfully, it did this time. It was only a matter of time before the piece of shit broke down for good. But this was all Naruto could really afford. He had saved up for a long time and his boyfriend had even helped him purchase it.

That was another lovely thing that was held over Naruto's head. Although he had more than paid back what he owed, he felt as though Naruto owed him more for the kind gesture in the first place. Traveling down the road, Naruto's thoughts drifted. There was nothing specific on his mind. But he couldn't help but sometimes glance at the bridge, debating on if he should drive off of it or not.

Not that it would matter. No one would miss him, and he knew it. That's also one of the reasons he never told anyone about the abuse. No one would care. People kept Naruto's company around for his bright personality and to lean on his shoulder... well, it was more people used him for whatever they could. Naruto just didn't care. He had nothing left to lose.

His parents died when he was a toddler. He and his brother ended up in foster care. However, his brother was adopted and taken away. Naruto never was. No one adopted him due to the scarring on his face. Although they really just looked like whiskers, Naruto grew to hate them. He stayed at the adoption place until he was 16 and they kicked him out for fighting. He was on his own from the very beginning.

Once he reached the parking lot of the building, he pulled to the back. He needed to pull himself together. He had absolutely no energy or mental capacity to do this today. Taking a deep breath, Naruto got out of his car and walked into the building.

"Sakura-Chan!" Naruto greeted as he walked in, smile plastered to his face.

"Naruto! Thank you so much! I totally owe you!" Sakura greeted back as she took the next customers order.

Naruto wasted no time in getting started. They both spent the next 3 hours taking and filling orders. All of the highschool girls squeeled amongst themselves when Naruto smiled and winked at them.

"As popular as ever" Sakura chuckled as they had finally slowed down and was working to clean the place up now.

"Oh hush. You only called me in so we got more tips since they get split" Naruto rolled his eyes in a playful manner.