Chapter 5

Sasuke was woken up the following morning from a phone call. He groaned as he fumbled around for his phone, finally finding it on the floor next to his bed. He quickly ignored the call as he felt Naruto start to stir.

Naruto had been tossing and turning in his sleep all night. Sasuke had to attempt to calm him down several times in his sleep as he would start to whimper and cry. Sasuke ended up pulling Naruto close and cuddling him the whole night, never letting go of the embrace, even when his arm fell asleep.

Sasuke felt the annoyance grow as he heard his phone ring again. This time, he checked to see who was calling before ignoring the call. Seeing it was Kakashi, Sasuke got a sinking feeling. He slipped his arm out from under the sleeping blond and quietly made his way to the living room.

Before Sasuke could say anything, Kakashi's tired voice came through the speaker.

"Sasuke. Are you near Naruto?"

"No. He's still sleeping. What's going on?"

Sasuke heard a sigh from the other end followed by a brief pause. "Sai is missing"

Sasuke's eyes widened as he replayed the words in his head over again. "W-what? Does he know where Naruto is? Where could he have gone?"

"Unfortunately, we do not know where he is. We also don't know if he knows about Naruto's location or how he was able to flee this quickly."

Sasuke heard a thump come from his bedroom. Instantly, he went into panic mode.

"Fuck! Naruto!" Sasuke ran to his room, finding the bed empty. He made his way to the bathroom, where the door was locked.

"Naruto" Sasuke called out as he tried to open the door. No response.

"NARUTO!" Sasuke yelled again, about to break the door down when he heard the sound of Naruto wrenching over the toilet. Sasuke let out a sigh of relief.

"Kakashi. I'll talk to you later. Let's keep this between us for now." The young raven hung up the phone before knocking on the bathroom door again. "Naruto, are you okay?"

A few minutes later, the door opened and a fatigued blond emerged. He had sweat running from his body and he was breathing heavily. "Yeah." He mumbled before leaning over the sink, splashing cold water on his face.

Sasuke wasn't sure how to comfort the blond. It wasn't something he really did for anyone, even his girlfriend. He stood there slightly awkwardly, watching. He couldn't help but stare at the bruising that littered the others body.

"I'm not going to kill over, Teme. You don't have to stare" Naruto chuckled as he saw Sasuke's face flush slightly.

'Thank god' Sasuke thought as he heard his phone ring, interrupting the awkward moment.

"Hey Babe" Naruto gagged at the pet name Sasuke called Karin.

"Sasuke-kun! Are you ready to go?" Karin chirped from the other side. Sasuke completely forgot they had a date planned as he was busy with the Naruto situation.

"Uh, about that-" Sasuke started before being interrupted by Naruto.

"Don't cancel your plans. I'm fine. He will be ready in 20 minutes Karin!" Naruto yelled towards the phone.

"Is that Naruto?" Karin asked.

Before Sasuke could answer, Naruto snatched the phone from him and walked out of the bathroom.

"Hey Karin! Sasuke is getting ready now, I'll make sure he is presentable enough to be by your side" he laughed as Sasuke scowled.

"If you guys are hanging out-"