92| The Beginning of the Ever After

~Casper~ 

~Casper~ 

"Where am I?" 

I asked my grandfather as he crouched down beside me on the lush green bed of grass where the sun seemed to be the perfect warming temperature and the atmosphere was more than inviting. 

"You're in the Kailea spirit realm Kiddo, although you won't stay here for long. One day when you become the Elder of Crimson you'll see us again, but not today," A soft voice says and I look over to find a man in which I look nearly identical to but I who's name goes unknown. 

"What's going on? Who are you" I ask the one who looks like me as I sit up and find myself surrounded by a group of men who are mostly strangers to me, yet I still feel safe and warm beneath their gaze. 

"I'm Pierce, this is my husband Mika, my son Matthias and his partners Thomas and Luca, and my grandson Noah and his partners Remy and Rowan," Pierce introduces himself and Matthias laughs. 

"Guys I think we scared the living out of our grandson," He jokes and gets quickly elbowed by Luca as Mika gently pushes me back down. 

"Am I dead?" I ask and look over to Noah who closes his eyes before opening them to a brilliant different kind of glowing blue. 

"For now, but you and the baby will be safe, I promise," Noah says but this time In a much darker tone as he touches my chest. 

"Baby?" 

I could barely ask before I wake up coughing and throwing up an alarming amount of water as I try to regain my bearings. Now wet, smoky, and dirty in a dark place where all I can hear is a rushing waterfall. 

"Casper? Oh thank god you're back," Jace wheezes as he coughs and falls backward off me while I grasp at the sand beneath my fingers in the dark. 

"Where are we?" I groan as I collapse, unable to take in a single breath without coughing. 

"We made it out of the children's home, but the only place next to run was the woods. But the woods quickly caught fire. I made it to a waterfall that I think is safe for now," Jace mentions as he runs his hand over my head before he covers me with his firefighter jacket. 

"Where's the boy?" I cough as I rub circular motions across my chest before laying down on the sand and closing my eyes. 

"Hi," The scared voice of the small boy I went back for rings in my ears as I open my eyes and look up, finding him sitting in Jace's lap under the minimal light I struggle to see with. 

"His name is Kyson and he's only three years old," Jace explains and I gently reach my hand out and little Kyson meets it with his.

"Hi Kyson, are you okay?" I ask him and he quietly nods as he holds my hand I and fade away once again.