76| Manifest

~Galen~ 

"Can't...mnm..."

Casper's tiny whimpers and soft words every now and then in his deep sleep have me looking over from my tablet to check on him. Tracing the tiny curls in his wavy brown hair and doing my best to shield his eyes from the bright sun using the comforter folded up just right. I don't know how he can make sleep in this lighting look so effortless, but then again he's so hyper that he's always been able to fall asleep pretty much anywhere. 

He has his body curled into a tight ball with his back pressed to my side to detect my presence. Whenever I try to get up his whimpers get louder and more apparent until I return and he even woke himself up when I went to grab my notes from my backpack. 

Even though it's Friday and he's already finished his shift, I still have to get some work done. I warned my secretary I wouldn't be in today and thankfully he's been with me long enough to know that means to send me all the documents that need to be signed. 

Today it's the waivers for our babies to attend Antum in two months and my heart continues to ache as I fill out the paperwork. It seems like yesterday Myah and Lily were born and the four of us were cluelessly just trying to make it to the next day with our tiny pups still breathing. Then the triplets came and suddenly we became experts.

The paperwork behind registering our babies was long and exhausting with Myah and Lily having to be listed separately as Alpha and Beta along with CJ's special needs paperwork.

 I'm worried about our youngest and smallest even though Tora and Micah seem to think we've raised his siblings well enough to protect him. 

What can I say? I'll always be the one who overthinks and worries about things in this family. I type out my daughter's full name on the first form while Cas starts mumbling again. 

Liliana Mililani Elyse of Crimson is marked as the next alpha and my heart skips three beats. Oh my precious baby girl is far from ready now, but I know one day I'll hand all of this to her with zero doubts in her ability. 

Carrying only the best from her mother and I, Lily has the highest intellectual capacity of our five children while also being far from shy. Her outgoing nature to speak her mind using factual evidence to support her tiny arguments will never cease to amaze me. I see a lot of myself in her, but Tora's confidence and pride definitely carried over to cancel out my shyness and constant doubt. 

Myah Hermosa Reign of Crimson is marked as the next Beta, even though he's older than his sister which is unusual in the birth order. 

However, now that we know their individual personalities it makes sense.