87| 50 Shades of Galen

Mature Content Warning

~Tora~  

"Lunos Tora, she'll be on the call in fifteen- Lunos?! Are you alright?" 

Hunter reminds me as I attempt to inhale a single ragged breath. For some reason, my anxiety suddenly spiked through the roof and my medication isn't working as fast as I need it to. Panting as I tug at the collar of my shirt, choking on my own air with my heart racing at incredibly dangerous speeds. 

"I-I can't," 

Is all I can manage to say in a dry whisper as I leave the door to my office. I was about to have a simple conversation with a Forester conservation expert about creating new playgrounds in Crimson surrounding the future monorail. But it all went to shit when the crawling up my arms began and I faded into this. 

Now I suddenly can't breathe, my tie feels like it's choking me as I loosen it. Walking down the marble floor of the hallway has my shoes echoing and it comes back like a loud crashing sound with the culminating force of my heart pounding. 

"Sir, are you alright?" Hunter asks and I close my eyes as I lean against the wall and hold myself for a second. Trying to catch my breath but my heart is beating too fast for me to catch up.

"Yes, just, please tell Mrs. Mackenzie I'm not feeling well," I direct him away from me and he hesitates before following my directions and leaves me alone. Panting, I stumble across Galen's office door only to find it locked which means he's either out or having an important meeting. 

Either way, my chip quickly changes that faster than I'm ready for as I nearly hit the floor the second the door swings open and I collapse against it. I can hear Galen clear his throat as I thankfully find him sitting at his massive desk before me. 

Leaning back against his desk chair as he holds his phone to his ear and stares at me with his mouth open slightly and mine did too. His blue eye and light hazel eye both working in unison to form his concerned look along with his dark thick brows. His red dress shirt was just a little bit unbuttoned with his tie tossed on his desk and he looked like he was in the middle of some heated argument. 

"Are you okay?" He mouths and I nod, quickly calming down under his protectively overbearing gaze, my heart no longer pounding out of my chest due to anxiety, but gently pounding from the sight of him. 

"Who are you talking to?" I mouth back and he scratches his dark well-trimmed facial hair. 

"Yes, I see what you're trying to do Matteo, but I don't think it's feasible at this point with our manning," He says, and Matteo's name seems less threatening when it leaves his lips. But that doesn't mean I can't have my fun. Tiptoeing to my handsome husband in a manner that already has him suspicious as I fix my tie and lean back on his side of the desk. His finger pointed at me in a threatening way since he can read my mind.