Little day with dad

Chris pov

It was two months after Kayleen's birthday and I've been wedding planning. Sebastian was at work so I was home with the kids because they dont have school today. Well Brendan was taking a nap and Kayleen was watching a movie in her room I was in my office working. After an hour of wedding planning I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said

"Hey dad can I talk to you?" Kayleen asked

"Sure are you ok?" I asked concerned

"Yeah I'm fine." She said

"Ok then what's up?" I asked as she sat on the mini couch in my office

"How do I say this. Ummm I want pops to officially adopt me" she said

"Ok did you talk to him about this?"

"No. You know how his birthday is coming up?" She asked

"Yes what about it?" I asked confused

"I want to suprise him on his birthday with adoption papers." She said

"Ok we can do that"

"Yay!" She said smiling

"I'll work on it for you. Ok?" I said

"Ok!" She said smiling

"Brendan still sleeping?" I asked

"Yeah why?" She questioned

"Why dont you go wake him up and we can watch Disney movies"

"Ok!" She said

I walked in to the living room and waited.

Kayleen's pov

I ran upstairs to Brendan's room and opened his door.

"Brendan?" I asked to see if he was awake when I got no response I walked over to him and shook him a little.

"Brendan. Wake up buddy." I said well shaking him a little. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"Hi Sissy" he said

"Hey bud. Dad told me to come wake you up so we can watch some Disney movies." I said

"Yay!" He said jumping out of bed. He started dragging me to the door and down the stairs. When we made it down stairs we sat on each side of dad. Me on the left of dad and Brendan on the right.

"What movie first" dad asked

"Lion king!" Brendan shouted

"Kayleen?" Dad asked

"Yeah lion king sounds good" I said.

"Ok" dad said. He put on the movie and we all cuddled up together and watched.

~Time Skip~

Chris pov

After a couple movies it was time for dinner so I got up and went to the kitchen. I decided to do something simple so I made spaghetti. After it was ready I put it on plates and on the table.

"Kids dinners ready" I said. When they didnt respond I walked over to the couch and grabbed the remote. I paused the movie and they looked at me weird.

"Dont give me that look. Dinners ready." I said

They got up and we all sat at the table and ate. After dinner I cleaned up the dishes and then sat back down in between Kayleen and Brendan. After an hour the kids fell asleep and seb came home. Seb picked up Brendan and I picked up Kayleen. We walked upstairs with them in our arms and went to their rooms. I put Kayleen in her bed kissed her head and walked out shutting the door behind me. Then I went to mine and sebs room and got ready for bed. When seb came in we kissed and then went to bed. I loved this day.

-----------------------
I'm sorry it took so long to update schools been stressful but I'm trying to post 2 times a week now so we'll see how that goes. I hope you enjoyed though.💙

594 words