Chapter 36. Battle

Dreadraid played with my hair. He insisted I sat on his lap. "Nervous?" he asked. Tomorrow we are going to start our plan. "Little bit," I mumbled. Dreadraid started to kiss my neck. "Shall I help you get in a better mood?" he asked and tightened his grip on me. "Maybe another time... I am not in the mood," I sulked and got up. "But I am," he said and slammed me against the wall. My eyes widened. "I don't care if you're in the mood or not!" he snapped. "So you are going to rape me?" I asked icily. "It's not rape because you're my girlfriend!" he snapped. "It is rape if your 'girlfriend' doesn't want to have sex," I snapped and pushed him away from me. "Well, I guess it's rape then." Dreadraid pinned me down. "Stop it!" I shouted. He covered my mouth. "You have to do as I tell you!" he sneered. I wiggled in his grip but he didn't give me any space. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. A knock on the door got him off guard and he stopped with what he was about to do. I jumped on my feet and stepped away from him. "Prime..." Dreadraid said smoothly. Optimus looked at my face and I think he noticed how upset I was. "I am here for Skylar." I quickly walked up to him. "See you later," I sulked and walked off quickly.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "He tried to rape me," I muttered. Optimus stopped me and brushed some tears off my face. "Don't cry..." he murmured and embraced me. He stepped back and wiped some tears off my face. "It's going to be okay," he stated. I nodded and followed him, calming down a bit. "Thank you." Optimus gave a nod and opened the door to the main hanger. I dressed up in my military outfit and got everything ready while Ratchet and Jolt were injecting people with the nano-bots. "Are you ready?" Ratchet asked as he stopped next to me. "Yeah, I am fine," I sulked. "Hey." I looked at him. "I am sorry... about everything I did to Sunstreaker. I didn't know that mech was so important to you and that you loved him so much. I haven't treated him like I should and I should have sent him home that day, I shouldn't have pushed him and hurt him like I did." I accepted his apology and took a deep breath. "I forgive you... please look after Sideswipe." Ratchet cocked his head to the side. "For me... this is a one way ticket. I can't live without him and I don't want to be with Dreadraid for forever. I love Sunny, not him. I will kil myself at the end of the mission and make it look like a accident."

"You can't just give up." I snorted and loaded the rifle. "I can... and I will. I love him too much." Ratchet sucked in a breath. "You know... we can work things out with Dreadraid and... you don't have to die," he said. "All I want is Sunstreaker. Just accept it. Are you going to inject me or what?" I snapped. He sighed and injected me. "You know... it's your call and you will do it anyway if you really want it but... I don't think Sunstreaker would have wanted you to do it. He gave you his Energon so you could live. He wanted you to live," he stated. I watched him walk off and pushed my guns and Sunstreaker's knife in my leg holster before walking over to a vehicle. "Skylar?" I turned to face Dreadraid. "Optimus may have saved you this time... but he can't save you forever!" he snarled. "You know you're wrong and you keep crossing my boundaries, Dreadraid," I snapped. He tightly grabbed me and smashed me against a car. "You don't talk to me like you. Don't forget that you need me," he sneered. I snorted and pushed him away from me. "You want to save Sideswipe, don't you?" he sneered. "I do and I will," I snapped before walking off. "Remember, Skylar... you have no other options!" he shouted after me.

I hopped in the car and buckled up. "I do have other options..." I sulked and grabbed Sunstreaker knife for a moment. "I love you..." I mumbled softly before pushing it back in my holster. We drove off shortly after and my thoughts were at the battle that was ahead of us but also Sunstreaker and Dreadraid, Sideswipe I would never see again or at least, not anytime soon. When we arrived at our destination, I hopped out and we had a quick debriefing. "Skylar!" I walked up to Optimus. "Dreadraid is going to make you stay with him. He's not going to give you an opportunity to take your own life. He will keep an eye on you. He's even willing to cut your legs off in order to make you his forever. I need you to stay focussed and calm. The operation is our priority right now." I gave a small nod. "You were right, Sunstreaker knows more about this entire operation than anyone else. I don't how or what but they will not kill you. Sunstreaker's DNA is a part of what they used. You have Sunstreaker's Energon running through your veins so their plan is most likely taking you and killing Dreadraid. Stick to the plan, do not let your emotions take over, clear?"