Chapter 17. The shape

As soon as I came back into my room, I looked at the dark space underneath my bed. Was he still here or not? I laid down on the ground and looked, nothing there. Of course not. I jumped back on my feet and showered.

The next morning, I sat on my own. Sideswipe was on a patrol and as soon as I finished I headed for hanger three and as I neared the car a soldier walked up to me. "Skylar..." I stopped walking. "What do you want?" I muttered. "I need a car..." I frowned. "Alright, well... ask Lennox." I muttered and unlocked the doors of the car. "Can you drop me off?" he asked. "Please?" he asked. "Fine, hop in..." I sulked. "Thank you." I rolled my eyes at the sarcastic tone and hopped in the drivers side. "Where do you need to go?" I sighed.

He gave me an address. "You said drop me off... that's driving an hour from here," I exclaimed. "You agreed without asking me where to go first," he said. I snorted and hit the road. "What's your name anyway?" I grumbled. The man looked at me. "Kyle... I know yours," he sulked. I hummed, "I know." I sped up. "So, have you decided yet what you are going to do?" he asked, probably to have a chat with me. "What I am going to do?" I asked, glancing at him. "Yes... you know... are you going to stay here or are you going back to San Diego?" he asked.

"There's too much pain for me here. I guess I will be on my way soon but... I can't leave Sideswipe," I muttered. "Why? He's going to do now his brother is dead. Unless you truly believe in your... delusional theory," he mocked. "I was damn serious about it, Kyle," I snapped. He hummed. "What did you see in him?" he asked. "Why is everyone always asking me about Sunstreaker? Every single one of them. Every day I get the same questions over and over again. Do I need to put it in the newspaper?" I snapped. "You have a temper... Sunstreaker must have liked that."

"He didn't. He hated it," I sulked. The engine of the car grumbled. "Really?" I hummed. "Sunstreaker wanted me to be submissive... he hates it if females stand up to me but... in the end I guess he somehow liked to argue with me," I said. "You know... I think people ask you about every day because you had something with that mech no one else had... tell me, did you love him?" he asked. I glanced at Kyle. "I am not going to talk about that with you, Kyle. We don't even know each other," I sulked. "Just curious if you really fall for a monster."

"Don't call him that. He's not a monster."
"He even called himself a monster," Kyle mocked. "I don't care what he says about himself. He's not a monster," I sulked. "Ah, alright. Sure he killed so many people brutally and he's not a monster. Then what is he? A killing teddybear?" he mocked. "Do you wanna walk?" Kyle shook his head and remained quiet for at least ten minutes before he spoke up again. "What did Prowl ask you?"

"He thinks I am some sort of... magnet for psycho's," I muttered. "And... you can proof him wrong? in total, you have dealt with three psycho's?"  he asked. "Four..." I sulked. "What are you going to do?" Kyle questioned. "What do you mean 'what am I going to do' it's not my job to find psycho's, Kyle. Can you please stop with the interrogation?" I asked. "I think I have the right to ask." I glared at him, "why?" I snapped. "Who knows who's next," he mocked. "I might kill you myself if you don't shut up. Otherwise it's going to be a very long drive," I snapped. "Oh, are we threatening?" he mocked.

I growled. "I am serious about it, shut up," I snapped. "Okay, okay... jeez." He raised his hands and sat back. "You look so nice from the outside, but you're not as nice," he said. I glanced at him. "Just pointing out facts. Despite that, I am willing to give you a change." I couldn't believe it. "Give me a change?" I repeated. "Would you like to go out with me?"

I looked at him again. "We just met." He hummed. "Yup, just to get to know each other better," he replied. "A date?" I asked. He nodded. No one ever asked me for a date before, nor even Sunstreaker. "Just one night, what can go wrong?" He asked. "Did you plan this?" I asked. "Sort off," he answered. "Are you going to stop bothering me if I say 'yes?' I questioned. He nodded and gave me that charming smile. "Alright, but I don't want to talk about Sunstreaker, clear?" He nodded and made an 'X' over his heart area. "Don't worry. I have tons of other questions for you," he replied.

I doubted this was such a good idea. I felt like this guy is doing it for fun and not because he truly wanted it. It made me feel used. I didn't have the same feeling I had when I was with Sunny. I don't even know why I agreed to it. When we got back at the base, I changed my clothing.
"You look lovely." Kyle gestured me to follow him. I hadn't done much, just wore my favorite shirt and jeans. He hopped in the Lamborghini and so did I.

"Thank you..." I muttered and drove off. My prediction however was right. Kyle never intended to seriously get to know me better. All he did was asking me about my parents, about Sunstreaker and my relationship with him and mocked me off. I got up and walked off, heading outside. I hopped in the car and slammed the door shut. I heard a rumbling sound coming from the engine as I did so.

I sat back and stared at nothing but the darkness. "Big mistake," I muttered and drove off. I brushed some tears off my face. "Asshole." I brushed some tears off my face and left.