Chapter 19. Strange occurrence

My car had stopped again. I had no idea what the matter was. The hood didn't want to pop either. I sat on the ground against the door of the Lamborghini, thinking about my options. This car is stunning, I don't want to give up on it. I reached for my shoulder, blood was still pouring out and it had became infected. The wound was swollen, red and smelled horrible. I had tried to keep it clean but I failed. I stranded here, my car doesn't want to drive anymore for some reason and I don't want to go back to base either.

I got up and walked over to the shop. I bought bandaid and returned to the car. I removed my shirt and started to clean the wound in the best way I could. As I finished, I sat back and shut my eyes for a moment, relaxing for a minute but I ended up falling asleep. When I woke up, I stared at a white ceiling. Confused, I looked around. "You have been gone for a while..." I looked at Ratchet. "How did I end up here?" I asked. "You parked your car just outside Washington DC... on the route we drive for our patrols," he replied. I frowned. "No... I didn't." Ratchet arched a brow, "yes, you did."

"Where's the car?" I shut up, but he laid me back down. "You care more about a car than yourself?" he asked. I relaxed. I only had to drive for two more hours and I would have reached San Diego, there's no change I was anywhere near Washington DC. "don't ran off like that, Skylar. You only bring yourself in trouble," Ratchet said. I snorted. "I hate it here," I muttered. "You can't leave... not yet," he said and walked off.

The next couple of days, more and more people got brutally murdered. Especially people in the medbay but also soldiers close to Lennox and Optimus. Some of Ironhide's students disappeared as well and the count was nearly fifty by now. People were desperate but no one was able to figure out was going on. Today however, Ratchet had fired me from the medbay and I walked into Lennox office, he wanted to see me. "How do you feel?" he asked. "I feel fine," I sulked and sat down. "Have you heard about the killed soldiers?" he asked. "It's a hot item. Prowl keeps asking me if I can help him, but I can't. I know just as much as all of you."

"You haven't been killed yet."
I raised a brow. "No, apparently." He hummed and sat back. "What are you trying to say? You haven't been killed either," I sulked. "Aren't you afraid?" He asked. "I don't really care about dying. I told Sunstreaker this so many times... I am not going to beg for my life or attempt to ran away from a killer. If it makes him feel better, he can kill me and if he doesn't... then I don't care either. Psycho's love fear, they love the power they get from threatening, torturing and killing. The more you beg, the more fun they have."

"Do you have the keys of the Lamborghini?" I asked. He sighed and reached for his pocket, throwing them my way. "Don't run off again," he warned. "It's my life. I don't work here," I sulked and got up. "Would you like to come back and work here again?" he asked. I shrugged and walked over to the door.

It was quiet in the corridors. Soldiers were scared. When soldiers are scared, you know something is terrible wrong. I had to admit, I was a little nervous about this too. Lennox was right, everyone could be next. I hopped in the Lamborghini and drove off to the McDonalds for a milkshake and returned half an hour later.

Later that day, I was asked to join a meeting. After some (forced) encouragement from Prowl, I joined. This time, Galloway wasn't here. "Thank you for joining, Skylar," Optimus said and patted my shoulder. As the meeting began, they spoke about all the victims. "Just... wait a second." They looked at me. "Give me the photos." Lennox handed them all to me. I looked through some photo's and stopped at Kyle's and Jullian's photo. These two don't have a good relationship with Lennox nor Optimus. Jullian had been new at the base Kyle has met Sunstreaker before.

I looked up, "where's your family?" Lennox frowned. "Why?" he asked. I looked back at the photos. "These fourteen, aren't just your friends, they also have a family, a wife. These twenty have girlfriends... these are from the medbay and these two..." I pointed at the two photos. "Are killed shortly after they talked to me. This all is based on revenge but... these two are brutally murdered for another purpose," I said. "This person wants to make others suffer... for something you did to him. He wants others to experience the same pain. The reason you're alive is because... this person wants you to feel pain. Death is too quick and I know because Sunstreaker told me."

"Maybe you should consider bringing your family to another place before they are the next target. All your close friends are killed." Lennox got up and grabbed his phone. I got up as well, "leaving already?" Ironhide asked. "The meeting isn't over?" I asked. He shook his head and told me to sit down. "We need to catch him and quickly. Whoever this is, is not an amateur. There's no DNA found. He must use gloves."

I tapped with my fingers on the table, thinking about all the information that was given me. "Sky?" I looked at Optimus again. "You guys keep asking me but I am not a psychopath," I sulked. "We could set a trap..." I glanced at Prowl. "You think an experienced psychopath will fall for that?" I asked. "Yes... I think he does," Prowl stated. "What's the idea?" I asked, grabbing a pen of the table. "We can all agree that this person hates families or the entire sparkmate thing so we need someone who wants to volunteer," He said. I snorted, "That's ridiculous! First all, most people are already killed who have a wife or girlfriend and second of all, why would your volunteer be next? We don't even know where this psychopath is hiding," I scoffed.

"That's why we have you."

I raised a brow. "This guy is going to hook on you to trigger this psychopath," Prowl added. He was genuinely serious about this. "You are kidding, right?" I asked. He shook his head, "two men died after talking to you." I raised a brow. "I wasn't really happy when that happened and I don't want it to happen again. The risk is too big," I stated. "We need to try something and you're going to help," Ironhide stated. I rolled my eyes and got up, "this is insane... but fine, if it makes you all feel better," I grumbled annoyed and marched over to the door. "Hey Skylar?" I hummed and looked at Prime again. "You should try to smile a little bit more," he said.

"I don't have a reason to smile," I replied coldly and left. I strolled through the halls back to my room. That night, I was sitting on the roof of the base and stared up at the stars for a moment. "Hi..." I looked behind me. Sideswipe sat down beside me and flashed me a weak smile. "You're okay?" he asked. I sighed and nodded, looking up to the sky again. "Tough day?" he asked. I gave a small nod. "I did something..." He cocked his head to the side. "Remember when I got shot?" I asked. Sideswipe gave a small nod. "I killed the shooter... I sliced his throat open and I watched him bleed to death. Does it make me a bad person?"

I looked at him. "You killed someone?" he asked, his eyes widened. I gave small nod. "I am not a psychopath and I didn't tell anyone." Sideswipe shook his head and looked away from me. "What did you do to the body?" he asked eventually. "I did what Sunstreaker would have done in my place... I saw him in pieces and got rid of it by burning a part and just burying it." Sideswipe shivered. "How could you have done that?" he snapped. "What else was I supposed to do, Sideswipe?"

"Sunstreaker turned you into a monster too." Sideswipe got up. I jumped back on my feet. "I told you because I thought you would understand." Sideswipe snorted. "How? Why did you assume that?" he snapped. "Because I had to tell someone and people already accuse me of killing those soldiers," I replied. "Did you?" he asked. "No, of course not!" I snapped. "You have all the reason to be mad, you are obviously cruel enough to do it and you still think about him! Since you got here people get killed!" he shouted. "I didn't do it! I didn't kill those people," I snapped. "You just committed a crime to me."

A silence fell. "I wish Sunstreaker was here," I snapped and pushed him out of the way. "Where are you going?" he snapped. "Back to my room." Sideswipe grabbed my arm and pulled me back. You are a monster, Skylar." I felt tears welling up in my eyes. "I am not a monster... only because I killed someone once?" I whispered. He snorted and pushed me away. "What are you going to do?" I asked, walking after him. "What am I supposed to?" he snapped, glaring at me. "Maybe it's better if you stay away from me, you're not the friend I thought you were."

"I already lost your brother..."
"So? Apparently he lives in you. You're nothing more but a stupid psychotic animal!" he sneered and marched over to the door, leaving me standing here.