Chapter 13. Odd

The Lamborghini never came back. I asked Lennox about it but he had no idea either. I sucked in a breath. "They will find the car, Skylar," Sideswipe said. I looked at him. "Yeah..." I sulked. Sideswipe pulled off the highway. He's on his patrol and asked me to join him. Apparently, he didn't trust me to be alone. There was a silence. Not an awkward one though. From the corner of my eye, I saw something. "Sideswipe... stop." The mech came to a stop and looked at me. "What are you going to do?" I hopped out and walked over to the tree line. "Skylar."

Sideswipe took a sprint. "What are you doing––" he cut himself off. "We know where the car was all this time," I said, walking over to the black Lamborghini. "What happened here?" he asked, looking at the bloody mess. "I don't know, Sideswipe..." I looked around. "Yeah, I don't think we can hide this from Lennox," Sideswipe sighed. "This soldier is ripped apart... look at all of this. He's everywhere." Sideswipe nodded. "Someone must have been really pissed off," Sideswipe muttered. "I don't get it... this soldier was an asshole, but... why would someone follow him all the way down here? It's on the route what you guys drive. Jazz didn't see anything this morning, did he?" I asked. "No, maybe he wasn't focussed on it... I mean, it's kinda hidden."

I sighed and walked around the car. "Decepticons?" I asked. "Why would they?" Sideswipe questioned. I shrugged and crouched down next the car. Laying my hand on the car. "The car is hot... it's strange on a day like this. There's no sun and it's kinda chilly." Sideswipe sighed. "Let's call Prowl, alright?" Sideswipe asked. "Something isn't right, Sideswipe. Just the entire atmosphere... I can feel anger, hate... evil. I got this feeling before, when I first met Sunstreaker."

Sideswipe watched me for a moment. "This scene... it's typical something Sunstreaker would do. I have seen him do it so many times..." Sideswipe cut me off. "Skylar, look at me."
"I need you to realize that Sunstreaker isn't here anymore. It's rather a copycat or something else happened here. You need to get Sunstreaker out of your head. I am going to call Prowl," he said. I stepped away from the car and followed Sideswipe back to the road. When Prowl arrived along with Optimus, Ratchet and Lennox, Sideswipe and I were forced to leave.

I couldn't sleep that night. I kept thinking about the car. I slid out of bed and headed for the hanger where Lennox had parked the car. It was cleaned, all the blood was removed from the interior. I halted right in front of the car and studied it. I hopped in passenger seat and locked the door. Despite the color of the car was the different, the inside of the car was precisely the same. I reached for the dash board. Inside, I found leather gloves. Strange, the interior of this car was stripped for evidence. These gloves are too big to be for females. I placed them back and sat back, falling asleep.

The next morning, I woke up in the same position in the car. I climbed over to the drivers side of the car. I am sure I can make Sideswipe happy with some Starbucks and there's a drive thru anyway. I got myself some food and some coffee for Sideswipe. I parked for a moment and consumed the food while watching people pass. I turned on the radio for some music and sat back. "You're a strange car..." I muttered. "Is it stupid to name a car?" I asked, mostly myself.

I shook my head and started the engine again. Back at the base, Sideswipe was waiting for me. "Where have you been?" He asked, looking over me. "Starbucks." I handed him his coffee. "Thanks..." he took a sip and looked at me again. "In this outfit?" He asked. "Yeah, why not?" I asked. "It's your cat nighty. You haven't brushed your hair or whatever."

I shrugged. "I was alone anyway..." Sideswipe gave me a look. "You slept in the car?" He asked. "Uhm... Well." Sideswipe grabbed me. "Come on."
"Sideswipe..." he didn't respond. "Are you mad at me?" I asked. "Why would I be mad?" He asked. "You're reaction, you look angry." He halted. "I thought... that the car would change you. That you're not thinking about Sunstreaker the time but I was wrong. This car only makes it worse... you're now sleeping in the car."

"It wasn't like that... I— I couldn't sleep because of what we saw and I just wanted to see the car. I wanted to know if they cleaned it up and—"
"If it was still there," Sideswipe finished. "Don't think I am stupid. I was wrong," he sulked. I looked away from him. "Get dressed and give me the keys." He held out his hand. "Sideswipe..." he shook his head. "Give me the keys, Skylar."

I placed them in his hands and pushed him aside. "Skylar—" I cut him off. "Get lost, Sideswipe!" I sneered. "Skylar, wait." He walked after me but I was too pissed off. "Leave alone!" I shouted. He halted. "Piss off!" I snapped and slammed the door of the hallway behind me.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
I looked at the keys in my hand and sighed. She'll calm down. Or, I hope she will come down. I headed towards the Autobot hanger and sat down on my hood. "You found her?" Jazz asked. "It wasn't really hard to figure out where she went," I mumbled without looking. "Let me guess... she slept in the car," he mocked. I nodded and looked up. "Yeah," I sighed. "So?" He asked. "She's obsessed with a car. It looks just like Sunny, but it's not him," I mocked. "Ironic enough... that mech had an positive influence on her. She was the only human he took care off and deep down, in that sick black spark of his did he love her," Jazz said. I snorted.

"They were connected. Did you knew that?"

I arched a brow. "Sunstreaker saved her life. The day she was killed by her uncle, Sunstreaker found her, gave her his Energon and sk they were connected. They had a bond together."

"You mean sparkmates?" I asked. "Sunstreaker would never be able to actually love but he loved her in his way. They never confirmed it but they couldn't live with or without each other. I think, that something beautiful would have developed eventually," Jazz said, crossing his arms. "So, I am the boogieman right now?" I asked. "Nah, she will calm down. I am just trying to explain why she's so attached to Sunstreaker. Little history but for the details you should ask her. I don't know everything," he said and walked off.
I looked at the keys in my hand and folded my hand.