Chapter 14. Sweet dreams

"Skylar?"

I ignored him and kept reading. "Come on, you are giving me a cold shoulder the entire day. You can't stay mad at me," he said and crouched down. I looked up. "Piss off, Sideswipe," I snapped. "How long have you been sitting here?" He asked. "Three hours," I replied. "Right, and you think sitting here will change my mind?" He asked. "No, I just wanted to avoid and ignore you," I snapped, leaning back against the Lamborghini. "So, you stay mad at me?" He asked. "Yes." He sighed and got up. "You should eat something. You haven't eaten since this morning," he replied. "Does it look like I am hungry?" I asked.

"No, but... you need to eat." I snorted and looked back at the page I have been reading. "Jazz told me a story. Is it true you were connected with Sunstreaker?" He asked. "He saved my life... yes." Sideswipe sat down as well against the car next the Lamborghini. "He made a deal with Barricade. He had to execute some people and in return, they would pump my body with Energon."

"They brought you back from the dead?" He asked. I nodded and lowered my book. "Yes. Some sort of experiment from them," I sulked. "I knew you were a hybrid, but I had no idea the history behind it was so sinister," he replied. I huffed. "What did you expect? That Ratchet did it? People have always misjudged Sunny. Although I didn't always agree with his methods, when you look beyond this anger, hate and psychotic narcissistic side, he's really sweet, carrying and loving. I loved that about him, he had many faces. After all, all he wanted was affection to be loved like everyone else wants. Isn't that what you want too?"

Sideswipe shrugged. "Well, I guess you found the key to his trust." I snorted. "Sunny can't be trusted. He didn't trust me fully either," I muttered and looked back in the book again. "You said you trusted him blindly," Sideswipe responded. "I trusted him with my life, yes, but like I said, Sunstreaker has two sides. He really had a temper and I still haven't figured out what triggered him. Some specific men and females did."

"People that reminds him of our father."

I looked up again. "Our father was... a very rude, mean and cold mech. He has done horrible things to us but especially Sunstreaker. My brother was always the toughest one and protected me. My dad ruined Sunny. Sunstreaker was hurt over and over again, every day, from the moment he was born till the moments were dumped on the streets. He killed a part of Sunny. I am sure Sunny would have been different if our parents actually loved us."

"What did they do to him?"
"Are you sure you want to know?" He asked. "Sunstreaker never talked about it and I never wanted to push him, but I have always been wondering what really hurts his spark. He carried so much sadness. I tried to take a part of that sadness. I didn't want him to be alone, even that's what he preferred. I think it worked, he always came back to me."

"I think you did. Sunstreaker was beaten, humiliated, raped, yelled at, starved and isolated. Sometimes our father would throw him in the basement, chained upside down for weeks. Slapping him with hard objects until he stopped screaming. You know how that was for me? To listen to his cries?" He asked. "We grew up with rejection and hate."
"At the beginning, Sunny was a very joyful and happy mech. He always smiled, a smile that died. His joy of living faded and all that remained was a monster."

"Sunstreaker hates females because they have rejected all his life. Why would some possible date a psychopath, you know. Everything they rejected him, Sunstreaker killed them. He would sneak out of the ark, kill people and so his killing spree began. Soon it became clear Sunstreaker was murdering Autobots and Decepticons. They started to fear him and in our history, he's one of the most feared serial killers ever. Even on this world."

I smiled a little and looked down. "What would you say to him? Let's assume I am him, what would you tell him?" Sideswipe asked. "That he's the biggest asshole I have ever met... but... that I love thin regardless." Sideswipe hummed. "He's on of a kind for sure." Sideswipe threw me the keys of the car as he got up. "Will you be joining me for lunch?" He asked. I sighed but gave a small nod and got up. "Don't take the keys again," I growled. "It's not your car," he reminded me. "Oh, yeah well... I claimed it anyway," I muttered. Sideswipe shook his head.

After lunch I was giving the Lamborghini a good clean. I wanted it to look perfect and shiny like it had been. Lennox walked up to me. "I need the keys of the car." I frowned. "Why?" He gave me a look. "It's not your car, Skylar. Now give me the keys." He held out his hand. "That's not fair, you said I could have the car," I snapped. "It's evidence."

"Evidence? The car is cleaned. There's no evidence anymore." I crossed my arms. "It was a mistake giving you the keys," he muttered. "What do you want for it?" Lennox frowned. "You can't buy the car," he scoffed. "You can buy everything. Now how much do you want for this car?" I asked. "Skylar... I am serious about it. This car is linked to a crime scene," he stated. "I am serious too. How much do you want for this damn car," I snapped. There fell a silence. The only thing I could hear was my own heartbeat.

"You have Sideswipe."

"I am not giving you the keys," I sulked. "Fine, we don't need them," he muttered and turned around. "I don't Wanna threat you." Lennox turned to face me again. "Are you for real? You want to threat me over a stupid car like this?" He spat. "You're not like Sunstreaker." He shouted. I pointed Sunstreaker's knife at him. "You think I am bluffing?" I snapped. Lennox grabbed his pistol and aimed it at me. "What makes you think I can't do the same thing?" I asked. "You're too weak," Lennox snapped. "You're not a killer."

I snorted and kicked his gun out of his hands and cut him. His eyes widened. "I have learned a few things from Sunstreaker..." I whispered. "You're also responsible for his death and I will never forgive you," I snapped. "Me? I didn't shoot him!" He hissed. "You didn't fight for him either," I snapped. "Skylar!" Sideswipe pulled me away from Lennox and tightly held me. "He wants to take the damn car!" I snapped. "Sideswipe, give her a few hours in the brug," Lennox ordered. Sideswipe dragged me with him. "What we're you thinking!" He hissed. "He said I was too weak!" I snapped. Sideswipe shook his head and dragged me towards a cell. He snitched the keys and left me here.