Chapter 31

"I did?" She asked confused despite her throat hurting.

"You don't remember?" Sean asked and she shook her head.

"What does that mean Doc?" Kota asked.

"It could just be temporary, or it could be permanent, unfortunately we can't run any tests to find out, time will be the only thing that will tell us," Sean sighed.

She looked over at Roxas and frowned. She reached out and he sat in her lap. "I'm okay Momma, I'm more scared for you." She pouted and tears slipped free, "Are you still hurting Momma?"

She tapped twice and Sean nodded, "Okay Pookie, I will get you some stronger medicine, give me just a second." He wrote something down then left the room.

"Darling, you have been in a coma for a week," Owen said as he sat at the foot of the bed. She looked at him shocked and he nodded. "We were really worried you might not wake up. We haven't left your side once. Right before court we got a phone call that Shelby broke out of prison, do you remember that?" She briefly nodded and Roxas laid down so his head was in her lap.

"We were at court and the man who married Shelby," North growled. "You absolutely lost it when you saw who it was. Shelby came into the courtroom and shot you in the chest, Baby."

The moment he said that all the memories came rushing back. She started gasping and shaking.

"What the hell happened?" Sean asked rushing into the room as the machines screamed.

"North told her Shelby shot her in the chest," Roxas said from Raven's arms. Raven had grabbed him the moment she started panicking. "Momma okay?"

"Da, Doc fix her," Raven said trying to remain calm.

Sean inserted something into her IV and placed the oxygen mask on her face. "It's okay Pookie, we're right here, everything is okay, we're right here and we're not leaving. Roxas is okay, he's safe, I promise everything is okay, just take deep breaths."

She clutched at his hands while he ran his hands over her hair. He kept repeating soothing words and after what seemed like an eternity but in reality was just a couple of minutes she started drifting off to sleep with promises of everything being okay from everyone.

When she woke again she looked around and noticed that Roxas was asleep in bed next to her. She smiled softly and started to raise her hand but it hurt too much. "Easy Darling, I'll let Dr. Green know you are awake and hurting," Owen said as he came over to her.

She whimpered and held his hand while he typed with the other one. "Hey Pookie," Sean said as he came into the room. "One second and this will start to make you feel better," he inserted something into her IV. She looked over at Roxas and Sean smiled, "He's been asleep for a little while now. He refuses to go to the house which is fine because none of us want to leave your side until you are ready to go home. It will be a little while before you are to that point."

She frowned and looked down at him. "Do you remember everything now?" Owen asked and she barely nodded. "Would you like to know what happened after she shot you in the chest?" She nodded again and Owen sighed then held her hand. "After she shot her, Mr. Taylor, Mr. Ravenstahl, Mr. Korba, and tackled her while Mr. Griffin, Mr. Henshaw, Mr. Lee, Mr. Toma, and I rushed to your side. A fight ensued with Roxas' biological father, your mother, and our family. Security got called in and your mother and Roxas' father tried attacking them and they were killed in the fight."

She looked up at them shocked, "Yes Pookie, they will no longer be a problem," Sean said as he checked her bandage. "Pookie, are you feeling okay other than hurting?" She shook her head. "I don't like how red your wound is looking, I think you are coming down with an infection. I am going to make some changes to your medicine to see if this will help you feel better. But I think knowing they won't be a problem anymore will help also."

She looked down at her son and yawned, "Go to sleep Darling, you need your rest so you can get better. Don't worry, we will protect you and Roxas."