Chapter 28

"Momma," Ivy looked up from painting to see Roxas standing in the doorway of the art room.

"Oh hey kiddo," she smiled and put her paintbrush down, "I didn't hear you come in, I guess I lost track of time. Give me a minute to clean up, how about we go get some pizza and wings for dinner?"

"With the guys?" Roxas asked and Ivy shook her head.

"Nope, I was thinking some mom son date thing, we haven't had one in a long time. Is that okay?" she asked softly.

"You know what?" Roxas asked, "That sounds awesome."

"Great, just give me a few minutes to clean up, okay?" She asked and he nodded.

"I'll go change also," he smiled, "I don't want this to get ruined."

"Okay," she smiled. "Oh hey did you have fun with Owen today?"

"Yeah, it was fun," he called back as she started washing her hands.
She rushed to her room and changed into some clothes that didn't have paint on them. She threw her hair up into a messy ponytail and headed down the stairs. She almost tripped over her own feet when she saw Owen and Raven in the living room. "What are you doing here?" She asked confused.

"Mr. Ravenstahl has been here since you came over," Owen explained, "we didn't want you to be here alone incase Shelby tried to do something. I brought Roxas over after work when they told me you were still here."

"Oh well, thank you I guess," She said softly as she played with the hem of her shirt. "We are actually about to leave."

"Where?" Raven asked.

"We're having a mom and son date," Roxas smiled as he came downstairs.

"We haven't had one in a long time so it is much needed," She nodded as she headed over to the drawer that held her car keys and wallet and other things.

"Come with," Raven said and Owen shook his head.

"No, they are having time together," Owen tried to explain.

"But safety," Raven huffed.

"Okay, what about this?" Ivy held up her hands to try and diffuse the tension. "I understand that Shelby broke out of prison and could possibly come after us but I also want some alone time with my son. Can you understand that Raven?"

"Da," Raven huffed.

"What if a couple of you go to the same place but sit far away so we don't see you?" She asked. "That way we still get our mom and son date but you are there for the very slim chance she shows up we are protected, will that work?"

"Come on Momma," Roxas rolled his eyes, "you should already know that the moment they found out we were leaving they would have had Luke and someone else following anyway."

"Busted," Luke smirked as he walked through the door. "So where are we going?"

"Seriously?" She asked shocked. "Will you follow us everywhere now?"

"Not all the time no," Luke shook his head, "but since there is a possibility of a threat yes we will. We won't after the threat is taken care of."

"I promise Darling," Owen said taking a few steps closer to her, "you won't even know we are there, you will still have your time with Roxas. Once the Shelby situation is over with, we will send you and Roxas on another mother son date and none of us will join."

"Fine," she sighed then grabbed Roxas' hoodie, "Here you go Roxas, let's go."

"Here," Raven said taking his hoodie off and handed it to her. She huffed and took it then left with Roxas right behind her. "What?"

"She's mad because we were going to go behind her back and follow. She understands why but it would have been better if Roxas hadn't ratted us out and let her think it was her idea in the first place," Luke explained as they headed over to the house so Luke could get his car and whoever was going with him could get ready.

"Momma," Roxas smiled as he took a drink of his soda, "You wanna tell me what's going on yet? You know you can't hide anything from me."

"I hate how perceptive you are at times," She rolled her eyes but smirked. "I guess I will tell you but I don't want it to ruin tonight, okay?" He nodded, "Mr. Ridley called before you left with Owen this morning. Shelby has broken out of prison and married whoever the hell she is with now. Given the marriage it allows the jerk to continue with the custody case for you. I agreed to marry Owen and the team to keep you safe. The court case is in three days. I told them I would marry them but it will be a fake arranged marriage like they originally brought up. We will have separate rooms and once this whole thing with Shelby is over with I will give them a divorce. I'm sorry I failed you Roxas."

"How?" he asked confused.

"I told you that I would only marry once and I will never remarry. You have already formed such a tight bond with them, but I can't keep them from having a chance at love and happiness, it wouldn't be right. Can you understand?"

"Can't you give them love and happiness?" He asked, "I know they make you happy."

"I just don't know if I'm able to do that Roxas," she sighed, "I don't think I am capable of that."

"You never know if you don't try," Roxas shrugged, "You always tell me that."