Chapter Eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:

HUNTER'S P.O.V:

There were a billion things racing through my mind all at once, the first one was, obviously, why isn't Anna telling me anything? And the second is what did that son of a bitch do to traumatize her this much?

Anna is never like this, she is acting nothing like herself. That bastard must have brought up her dark, sad side... a side I could never have even imagined Anna was capable of.

Climbing up the stairs, her scent wafted to me, leading me in the direction of my room.

My heart almost broke when I opened the door, I saw her sprawled on the bed with her mascara ran down her delicate cheeks. She stirred a little bit, nudging her head deeper into my pillow. She inhaled deeply, taking in what I most likely assumed to be my intoxicating scent, as is hers to me.

"Oh baby," I stumbled over to her, falling upon my knees to the side of the bed.

I brushed her hair away from her face and caressed her face lovingly.

"You're too beautiful for all of this, please let me know what's wrong... I love you too much," tears started to fill to the brims of my eyes. I kissed her head and closed my eyes for a few seconds to push away the water daring to spill over the edge.

"Mmm, Hunter?" she groggily asked while rolling over and stretching.

"Yes, Anna?" I looked into her big beautiful green eyes and just hoped for her to be okay.

"I love you."

"I love you too," smiling I responded my love to her. She tugged me onto the bed with her, I happily accepted her offer, kicking off my shoes in the process as I rolled onto the bed.

"But we really need to talk ab-," I was hushed by a finger to my lips.

"Shh, don't ruin the moment," she tiredly said, pushing her lips gently down onto mine.

I kissed her back passionately, slipping my tongue into her mouth. She pulled back,

"I'm too tired for that," she giggled, running her finger down my chest.

"Hm, well I think I know a way to make you more... awake, to say the least," I smirked cheekily and winked at her.

"Ohoho,really? And what is that?"

"This," and with that, I pushed her into the bed covers and kissed her heatedly, we both panted and thrusted our bodies into each other.

~

I woke up the next morning to my room filled with light, I looked to my left to see my beautiful mate fast asleep. I didn't want to disturb her, so I gently tried to unravel my arms and legs from her. Successful, I quietly chucked on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and sneaked out of the room to my office.

I sat in my chair and put my legs up on the desk, something I do every morning, and contemplated what I needed to do.

~

After finishing up some paperwork I thought about yesterday. I tried to piece together the clues myself, Anne obviously knows him from somewhere.. But where? And how? He is Australian, it makes no sense.

Deciding to be the detective about this, I realized I haven't checked her file in the file cabinet.

I walked over to the huge wooden filing system and pulled out the 'A' draw.

Abby, Adam, Aimee, Alex, Alexa, Alexandra, skipping quite a lot, I went to the 'N' sub category.

Anne, Annette, Anthony, Antonio, I looked through all the names and no Anna?

I searched through the rest of the names in the 'A' section, just incase her file was misplaced. No Anna but there was an Avalie.

"Who the hell is Avalie?" Never hearing of this person in my life, I was intrigued to read more information.

I opened up the folder and read through the general information.

'Full Name: Avalie Red Gilbert

Birthday: March 4th, 1996

Sex: Female'

"Yada yada," skimming through the page I came down to personal information.

'PERSONAL INFORMATION -

Avalie Red Gilbert was born in Australia, Melbourne and lived there for most her life, her American parents raised her and made her attend an all girls school. They moved to America due to personal problems.'

Who is this Avalie??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Wrote this all on my iPod, was feeling extremely motivated in bed with my cat at 3 am lol! Not sure if it is long or short but I am tired lol! Had to get things moving along with the

story so this chapter really contributes a lot to the plot.

So.., who is this mysterious Avalie?? Don't ruin it for others if you know, please!

So please vote, comment, and fan if you want to!!

I also wanted to let u guys know that even though I don't usually reply to ur comments, I read all of them and it really makes me happy when I know a ton of you guys are touched emotionally by my story haha... that probably sounds really creepy.