Get Along (OT16)

Pairing: SKZ & Felix & ATZ

Genre: Idol AU

!!TW!! : angst, jealousy, possessiveness, some emotional manipulation, insecurities, eating issues (kind of)

(requested by @Thiccmoney)

.

.

.

The situation really wasn't all that complicated. ATEEZ had taken a great liking to Felix, and the other Stray Kids members didn't exactly appreciate how the other group had begun monopolizing their resident sunshine's smiles and attention. And, adding to that the lingering tension of Kingdom's ongoing competition, well...

Yeah. Sparks were bound to fly.

They all got along surprisingly well, but one thing neither of the group was able to agree on was Felix. The sweet boy was just too kind and adorable, and it was impossible to not want to keep him to themselves. And, while it wasn't too bad at first, requesting Felix's attention quickly turned into some sort of competition.

Needless to say, Felix did not like that – at all.

.

"—amazing! You were really great out there, Jongho!"

Felix had been showering Jongho in compliments for the past few minutes. After witnessing the stage practice by Mayfly's vocal team, the freckled boy hadn't stopped praising the younger singer. He'd been praising Seungmin as well, but his fellow member had been stolen away by BTOB a minute or so ago.

Someone else was rather unhappy with how Jongho was basking in the attention, though. Jeongin could only watch the pair interact from afar with a surprisingly bitter taste filling his mouth. He knew his jealousy was misplaced, but he couldn't help it – not being a part of the vocal team already stung, but for his favorite hyung to focus his attention on someone from another group?

No, that wouldn't do.

"Lix-hyung!" Jeongin ran up to join them, throwing his arms around Felix's shoulders and earning a startled yelp from the smaller. "Can I talk with you for a minute?"

"Uh? Y- yeah, of course. Jongho—"

"Actually, we were already talking," cut in Jongho, sparing a small glare for his fellow maknae. "Surely it can wait for when you group heads back to your waiting room?"

"Jongho—"

"It can't," huffed Jeongin, tightening his hold around Felix's shoulders a bit. "I really need him right now."

"That's not—"

"It's alright, Jongho – it must be urgent, if Jeongin's insisting like that." Felix offered him a small smile, patting his shoulder. "You'll do great, I'm sure of it. I'll drop by your room before your performance comes up to cheer you on, alright?"

Jongho's lips quirked into a brief pout, but he nodded in agreement. "Alright."

With another smile, Felix then grabbed Jeongin's hand and led them a little away from the rest of the group. Once they reached a slightly more isolated area, Felix turned around to face the younger, genuine worry shining in his eyes.

"Are you alright, Innie? What's wrong?"

Still feeling that horrible jealousy gnawing at his chest, Jeongin surged forward and hugged the freckled boy tightly, burrowing his face in the crook of Felix's neck. Felix took it in stride, gently patting his back and petting his head – though he was careful not to mess with his carefully styled hair.