There's Something About Felix (ChangLix)

Pairing: Changbin & Felix (ft. SKZ)

Genre: Gang AU

!!TW!! : angst, gang-related stuff, implied violence, drugs, implied stalking

(requested by @angelkisses0915)

.

.

.

Felix was anxious. He knew Changbin had been hiding something from him ever since they began dating and, considering his past experiences, he was at the point where he hoped Changbin was cheating on him, of all things – it was just that bad.

He'd been dating Changbin for eight months, now. It had started off cliché enough, with Felix meeting Changbin when he accompanied his friend Eric to the tattoo shop, since his friend wanted well, a tattoo. Though Felix found them quite pretty most of the time, he wasn't interested in getting one himself – but he did grow interested in one of the artists that worked there.

The tattoo artist and the florist – truly a trope from a bad romantic drama, right?

Felix had had his share of boyfriends in the past – six of them, to be exact. All of them brought about a different set of bad memories and painful scars, none of which he wanted to remember. He thought he'd grown a tougher skin over time, that he'd become accustomed to being disappointed or let down, but it looked like he hadn't changed all that much after all.

Because he had an inkling of what Changbin was hiding from him, and it killed him inside to know the happiness they'd built together was founded on lies.

It got to a point where Felix couldn't take the secrets anymore – it always did. So, he'd gone to the bar where Changbin usually hung out with his mysterious friends – which Felix hadn't been allowed to meet – and now, he was just waiting for the worst to happen. He still couldn't see his boyfriend anywhere, half-hidden in the corner of the seedy bar, but he knew it wouldn't be too long by now.

There were already many people around, with loud music being blasted all over the place. He was trying his best not to focus on the bodies that were moving sensually on the dance floor and grinding against each other and, eventually, he saw him – Changbin had just made his entrance, wearing his usual hoodie. Instead of stopping at the bar, he made a beeline for the door at the back. He exchanged a nod with the bartender before disappearing inside. Felix stayed completely still, practically holding his breath at that point... and then Changbin came back out carrying a small, black, innocuous backpack.

Felix's entire world crashed and burned.

.

The moment Changbin returned home, he felt two small hands roughly shove him against the wall. He let out a startled curse but, in his surprise, he'd loosened his hold on his backpack – and Felix instantly tore it from his grasp. Before the tattoo artist could even comprehend what was going on, his usually sweet little boyfriend walked away and harshly pulled the backpack open.

"Wait, Felix—!"

A hoarse sob echoed in the room. Changbin froze, his eyes going wide as he noticed how violently Felix's shoulders were shaking. And then, the freckled man spun around with fire in his eyes, his cute expression completely twisted by sorrow as he held up a thick bag of white powder.

"What the fuck, Changbin!?"

"Felix, it's not—"

"What I think? Isn't it? Then tell me what it is. Candy? Salt? Concrete? Tell me, I've fucking heard them all!" With another sob, Felix threw the entire backpack on the floor. "I can't fucking believe you! How could you hide this from me!?"

"I don't this all the time," instantly assured the older, trying to salvage what he could before he truly lost his lover. "It's just to keep the money flowing, okay? I have to keep my shop open somehow. It's not as bad as you think—"

"Not as bad—you're a fucking dealer, Bin! A drug dealer! I can't- I can't do this." With a shake of his head, Felix collapsed on the couch. "Damn it... Why is it always the same? Why couldn't you be different? Why can't I fucking learn my lesson already!?"

"Felix—"

"Get out," hissed the freckled boy, angrily wiping his tears away, only for more to take their place. "We're over."

"No, please, baby, I love you—"

"Get out!!!"

After a moment of hesitation, Changbin slowly made his way out – though not without picking up the backpack. As soon as the door closed behind him, Felix let more sobs tear through his throat, his tears now falling freely.

He truly never learned, did he?

First it was Chan, who just so happened to be the leader of a gang at barely seventeen. Felix hadn't minded at first, foolishly believing their love could withstand anything – but then he'd been targeted by other gangs, and eventually kidnapped in exchange for ransom, and the traumatizing incident had taught him that no amount of love was worth his life.

Then it was Hyunjin. Sweet, caring Hyunjin – or at least, that's what Felix thought until he found him beating up a man in an alley when coming back from work one day. When Felix had asked why he'd done it, Hyunjin had shrugged and said it was just his job, and that was the end of whatever they could have been together.

Then there was Seungmin, who dealt weapons in his free time. Jeongin, who always disappeared for business in the red light district. Jisung, who laundered money for a living. Minho, who outright killed someone before Felix's eyes because the poor sod had made the mistake of flirting with him. And now... now, Felix could add Changbin to his sordid collection of sketchy boyfriends.

Why couldn't Felix just find a normal boyfriend? One with whom a relationship wouldn't put him in harm's way? One with whom he'd be safe to love, and be loved by? Felix didn't know. All he knew was that he'd once again been stupid enough to ignore the signs and the red flags he'd grown used to seeing because he was just that naïve, always willing to believe in the best of every person he came across.

Well, not anymore. With Changbin leaving and taking with him yet another piece of his already broken heart, Felix didn't even know if he had the ability to love anymore.

.

"He found out. I'm out too."

A silence befell the room as Changbin dropped on one of the seats with a sigh. After a few seconds, Chan leaned back in his chair, taking a drag of his cigarette.

"Should have seen it coming. He's become smarter."

"But no less vulnerable," pointed out Minho with a click of his tongue. "With Changbin out, that makes all of us. What do we do now?"

"We watch over him from afar. He's still ours, even if he refuses to accept it," answered Chan with a shrug. "If we can't have him, then no one can. Make sure the word gets around."

The six other men in the room all nodded in agreement at that. They'd all fallen for Felix at one point or the other when Chan first started dating him and, though they'd all had their shot at being with him and keeping him safe, it looked like the freckled boy had had enough of their games. But that was fine. Even if he refused to let them in his life, Felix was just too pure and naïve to actively fear the shadows – and that's exactly where they'd hide until, eventually, it'd become impossible for them to hold back any longer.

All in good time.

.

.

.

Sorry for the shortness, I tried my best but wasn't all that inspired by it. Hope you liked it anyway!

Please check out the 2nd chapter on "It's Darkest of All Before the Dawn" - hopefully, it's length will make up for this chapter xD