Plans Pt. 2 + Kiss, Marry, Kill (Sophie's PoV)

I was jolted awake by a high-pitched shriek. "Who is it?" I groaned, rubbing my eyes sleepily. "Sophie!!!" I was tempted to try to fall back to sleep, but someone kept tapping my shoulder consistently.

"Biana, let me sleeeeeeeeep," I said, curling into the warm blankets. This time, I felt someone throw me off the bed, and I fell onto the cold, hard floor. "What was that for?!" I complained, rubbing the area where my knee had collided with the planks of the floor. "Sophie, you've been sleeping too long. You and Tam keep getting knocked out for three days in a row. That's unhealthy," Biana explained. My eyes flew wide open. "Wait, three days? Again?" I asked worryingly. She nodded. "You were probably really tired from collecting quintessence though, so it makes sense. You fell asleep crying about Kenric's... you know..."

I frowned mournfully. Biana changed the subject. "School starts again two days after your winnowing gala. And your winnowing gala is in three days!!!" She winked one of her teal eyes. "Tomorrow, we'll be planning outfits, but today we decided to just look at decorations."

I forced a smile. "Yeah..." Biana looked at me sadly before excusing herself from the room. I decided not to go back to sleep, and changed into a black tunic and dark gray leggings. I had been trying to choose between teal and black, but in the end chose black. I tried convincing myself it was because I was mourning Kenric's death again, but elves wore green for that. A/N ;)

"Sophie?" Fitz flashed his movie-star grin. My heart didn't flutter, and I didn't blush either. Keefe was right beside him with his perfectly messed up hair. "You okay, Foster?" Keefe asked. "We wanted to show you..."

They led me downstairs to a table cluttered with different decorations. I groaned. "We really are doing this, are we." It wasn't a question. Linh held my hand reassuringly. "It'll be fine," she told me quietly. They made me go through banners, tablecloths, and balloons.

"Elves have balloons?" I asked quizzically. Biana shifted from foot to foot excitingly. "No, but you said you wanted human aspects, so Fitz helped me find some at a human store. Linh smiled softly. "I helped choose the colors!"

In the end, I went with a soft purple lilac color theme, with hints of gray and light blue. By the time we'd finished, it was nearly evening. "So," Biana started. "Anyone up for a game of kiss, marry, kill?"

I think everyone yelped in surprise and panic. Nobody refused though. "Okay then! Linh, kiss, marry, or kill Fitz, Keefe, and Dex." Linh flicked her hair out of her eyes nervously. "Uhh... kill Keefe-" she gave Keefe an apologetic look. "Kiss Dex and marry Fitz!" she shot out quickly, closing her eyes.

"Why am I the one killed?" Keefe asked, acting wounded. Tam rolled his eyes. "Because you're annoying and everyone hates you." Keefe glared at him mockingly. Tam just smirked back. Linh blushed. "Keefe, kiss, marry, or kill Sophie, Biana, and Marella."

"Easy!" he said. "Kill Marella, kiss Sophie and marry Biana!" Biana turned red, but smiled. I looked down, feeling a slight twinge in my heart. I tried wiping it away. "Bangs Boy, kiss, marry, or kill Biana, Foster, or Marella?" Keefe asked, elbowing Tam.

Tam turned red and mumbled something under his breath. "Louder, Bangs Boy!" Keefe urged. "Kill Marella... and I don't know," he muttered quietly, just audible. "Come on Tammy, just choose!" Linh squealed. He turned bright red. "I... kiss Biana and... marry Sophie." I felt my cheeks grow warm.

"Wow, Bangs Boy, I didn't expect that," Keefe said, gaping. Biana and Linh shared a glance. "I hate this game," Tam groaned, burying his head in his hands. Linh patted his back, trying to reassure him, and whispered something in his ear.

I yawned. "I'm going to sleep," I announced. A few minutes later, I was comfortable under my covers, and I slowly lounged off to sleep.