Encounter (Sophie's PoV)

We stepped toward the edge of the cliff, Tam holding my right hand, Linh holding my left. Both of them turned slightly pale when they saw the drop. But before they could protest, I dragged them off the cliff and into the void. Surprisingly, Tam was the one who screamed, and Linh was frozen with fear. A/N They're probably teleported before, yes I know, but from what I know not that often.

I visualized the place that Mr. Forkle had showed me. It was a small city in front of a middle school. A few seconds later, we tumbled out of the void into soft grass. It was cloudy, and there were wide shadows from the sparse nearby trees. I stumbled, and nearly fell over my cape before Tam taught me. I felt my cheeks grow warm. "Sorry," I mumbled. He just gave me a small nod.

"Where are we?" Linh murmured. I shrugged. "Just some random town near..." I trailed off. In the distance, I saw three black-cloaked figures and another in a dark brown cloak dragging his feet behind them.

"Well, well, the Moonlark decided to take the twins," Gethen said menacingly, a maniacal smile painted across his expression. "Unexpected. I thought you would have taken those two boys. The Vacker boy and Sencen." I gritted my teeth. "Well, maybe this time it will be different," I muttered under my breath. "What did you do with Wylie?"

Gethen's grin grew, and I was tempted to march right up to him and sucker-punch him in the face. In a swift movement, he swiped the cowl of the brown-cloaked figure right off his head. I gasped. "Wylie?" I whispered.

Around his wrists were tangles of shadows, and his eyes looked glassy. "Who- who are you?" he asked, his voice breaking. My heart felt like it had clogged my throat. Linh asked sadly, "Do you remember us?"

He stared at us, puzzled for a couple seconds before shaking his head doggedly. Then he looked at Linh before replying with, "You look familiar."

Linh looked like she was going to cry. Tam whispered something in her ear, and she straightened up. Gethen smirked. "What do you want, Gethen?" I asked, hoping he wasn't going to answer with a stupid "What makes you think we want anything?" response.

Thankfully, he didn't answer with that. Instead, he said, "We want the Moonlark." My heart stopped beating for a second. I looked back to Wylie and gazed at him, pitying what he'd been through. He didn't deserve losing his memory, or being tortured by the Neverseen.

"I-" I started to move forward, but Tam grabbed my forearm. "No!" he growled. "You can't give yourself up!" A tear slipped down my cheek before I could blink it back. "I have to."

He shadow-whispered to me. I promised Keefe and Fitz that I would bring you back unharmed, and I'm not going to break it.

I studied his silver-flecked pale blue eyes. They were filled with a longing that I knew myself that I felt as well. I tore my eyes away. But what do we do then? I transmitted. He didn't answer.

"What's your decision, Moonlark?" Gethen asked. I shook my head. "I- I'm sorry Wylie. I can't." His eyes flickered to the black shadows surrounding his hands.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a blur flashed before my eyes and lunged at Gethen. He stumbled back, a dagger in his hand. Before him was a cloaked figure, with a beautiful jade sword. The other two Neverseen members with Gethen turned to the mystery person, and one revealed themselves to be Umber, sending a shadowflux arrow toward them. Instead, they rolled to the side, dodging it narrowly as Ruy revealed himself and tried and failed to capture them in a forcefield. The shadowflux arrow curved in its path and followed the figure, and I heard a snarl emitted from their mouth before the shadowflux dissolved. I gaped in shock.

Then they shoved Wylie toward me, and I immediately grabbed his left hand, Linh grabbing the other. Tam gripped my other hand, but right as I was about to run to teleport, darkness encapsulated us.

A/N So... you might be wondering who that is. ;)

This is my way of trying to figure out a continuation. This mystery person is an OC of mine that I created. They will most likely not be involved for a while, as this is a fanfiction meant to circulate around the main elves and not focus on any OC's so don't worry about that ;)