What? Pt. 1 (Tam's PoV)

My grip on Sophie's hand tightened. She whispered something along the lines of, "Is this Umber's doing?"

I frowned. I focused on the shadows, trying to send them away, but nothing happened. It felt chilly, like a light snowy storm. It was pitch-black. I couldn't even see Sophie or Linh or Wylie. "I- I don't know."

But in a few seconds, the shadows flickered away like raven feathers being blown away in a breeze. My eyes widened when I realized we were right in front of Everglen.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the mysterious figure kneeling down. But before I could walk up to them and ask who they were, the person was surrounded by shadows and disappeared. I gaped. I noticed the door of Everglen was wide open, and Biana, Fitz, Keefe, Marella, Dex, Alden, and Della were staring at where the figure was, and then back at us.

"Did you just see that?" I asked in awe. Sophie and Linh nodded wordlessly. "Who are they? Why did they just save us? How can they use shadows to teleport?" Sophie bombarded me with the questions. I shook my hands. "I have no idea. I never knew you could use shadows to teleport!"

All of the elves in Everglen yelled, "WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" Sophie took the lead explaining, while I hid in the shadows, brainstorming what had happened.

I contemplated the previous events. Then I sighed, closing my eyes, leaning against Everglen's gate and letting the darkness consume my mind.

A/N Sorry short chapter I couldn't completely finish... sleepy Tam?