Matchmaking Pt. 1 (Tam's PoV)

I heard a knock at the front door of Everglen. Biana yelped happily, and rushed over to the door to find someone delivering scrolls.

"They're here!!!" she screamed, giving each of us our respective matchmaking scrolls. I studied the small stamp that held it together, and was seriously tempted to tear up the scroll and throw it in the trash. I looked over at the others and noticed that Sophie looked nervous yet giddy at the same time.

A few minutes later, we were all seated down in a circle, matchmaking scrolls in hand. "Who's opening theirs first?" Sophie hesitantly asked. Keefe grinned. "I vote Biana!" Fitz agreed. Biana groaned. "Fine."

She practically ripped it open and started counting off names that some of us knew.

"57... Valin?!" Sophie, Keefe, Fitz, and Dex burst out laughing. "I- I can't-" Keefe rolled on the ground laughing. "You should start the Biana fan club!" Biana glared at him.

"Anyways. 34, Dex Dizznee. She glanced at Dex. "Sorry, I don't like you in that way." Dex shrugged. "I don't like you that way either." I noticed that he held Marella's hand just a tiny bit tighter. "Anyways, 22, Jensi Babblos, Tam Song 9- wait, Tam got number 9 on my list?!" I flinched when she said that. "Who knew Bangs Boy could get top 10 in her list?" Keefe joked. Biana gave me an apologetic look. "And Keefe Sencen number 1!!!" Keefe grinned. "I knew that already," Keefe smiled smugly. I felt a small twinge of jealousy, and I looked away.

"Anyways, who's going next?" Biana asked. Keefe smirked. "I nominate Bangs Boy!" My eyes flew wide open. "What? Why me?!" Keefe's grin grew even larger. "Why not? You and Foster are the only ones who aren't dating." His smile faded slightly when he mentioned Sophie. So he had noticed that both of us weren't in a romantic relationship. Not that I really cared. Not really...

"I vote Tam!" Linh squealed, nudging my shoulder. She pinched my cheeks. I glared at her. She just giggled right back. I felt the blood rush out of my face as I slowly opened my scroll, tentatively picking at the edges of the coarse paper.

"Uh... 42... Marella..." We both glanced at each other. I suddenly had a flashback to when she was 'checking me out', according to Linh. That's when she had said I liked brunettes. Not like what they look like matters that much, I thought, eyes flickering back to the scroll. What matters is who the person really is on the inside... right?

"32... Maruca Chebota?" Biana suddenly perked her head up. "That was my former best friend!" I frowned. "Former?" Both Sophie and Biana suddenly looked uncomfortable. "Until she snooped off about some private things to Stina..." she muttered angrily. "Keep going, Tam!" Linh whispered loudly in a stage whisper. I rolled my eyes.

"Alright, alright. Biana's m- my number 8." I blinked for a second, and Biana turned slightly pink. I skimmed down the list until I saw my number 1. I felt my heart drop into my stomach. "Umm... I have to go," I mumbled, tugging my bangs over my eyes and running into my room, accidentally fumbling with my scroll and dropping it. I foolishly left it behind and ran upstairs, hoping none of them would read it.

I forgot that Keefe Sencen was there as well.

A/N Sorry for shorter chapters, I'm running into writer's block for this story...