What? Pt. 2 (Tam's PoV)

"Tam? Taaaaammy?" I heard Linh's voice call out. I opened my eyes groggily to see myself in my bed in Everglen. "Linh?" I asked.

Linh let out a sigh of relief. "You fell asleep during our discussion," she explained, a hint of worry lining her words. I frowned. That normally wasn't like me. "We decided to let you sleep and then we'd discuss what happened, though we already went ahead and tried finding out why Wylie has amnesia like Alvar. And why he has shadow handcuffs." I abruptly sat up.

"Where is everyone?" I asked. "How long was I out?" Linh shuffled her feet. "Everyone's just studying about shadows that are around Wylie's wrists. And by the way, Keefe did not appreciate the fact that he had to look through books again. Apparently, before we met them, he and Dex had to read a lot of books." Linh bit her lip. "And Livvy's trying to figure out why Wylie has amnesia. And- well, she was trying to figure out why you passed out, but she said she didn't see anything wrong."

I swept my legs to the side of the bed and hugged her. She buried her face in my shoulder. I stroked her long black hair, grasping the silver tips. "It's been so hard without you or Wylie. It- it's been three days since you passed out."

I froze. Three days? I thought. That's when I noticed that my hair had gone back to it's normal black color. It really had been three days.

I was yanked out of my daze when I heard a crisp, accented voice yell, "LINH!" Fitz popped his head into our room. "Oh. Tam, you're awake. That's good." Fitz let out a relieved sigh. "Mr. Forkle and the rest of the collective are here. There's news about Wylie, and- well, now that Tam's up, I assume they would want to talk about that mysterious shadow-teleporting person."

Linh rubbed her eyes before grabbing my arm and dragging me downstairs, Fitz following behind us.

By the time we got down, everyone was already in deep discussion. I allowed myself a thin smile, glad that no one was injured. And then I jumped right into the one question I'd been waiting to ask. "Who was that cloaked figure?"