7

We parted from the little kiss we shared and we were back to looking into each other's eyes.

Mikey: I've wanted to do that for awhile.

Me: why?

Mikey: because I like you dummy.

Me: why?

Mikey: are you broken?

Me: no. I'm not broken. I'm just... surprised.

Mikey: ah okay.

Me: is that why you've been doing more gestures with me, and being more protective over little things than usual?

Mikey: uhh. Yea.

Me: I see.

Mikey: so....do you not like me back?

Me: I believe I do. It could explain the weird feeling I always have when I'm around you.

Mikey: then I'll take that as a yes.

Me: yea. I guess I do like ya.

Mikey: well that's a relief. It would have been awkward if I kissed somebody who didn't like me back.

Me: yea no kidding.

Mikey: so. Does that mean you'll be my girlfriend?

Me: yea...I wouldn't mind that.

Mikey: now. Make me a promise.

Me: uhm. Alright.

Mikey: promise me you won't get hurt during the fight.

Me: I won't, I promise. Same goes for you.

Mikey: like I would get hurt.

Me: like I would either. But here we are.

Mikey: I won't get hurt. I promise.

Me: thank you.

Mikey kissed my forehead and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy. Something I didn't really feel before.

Me: I'm gonna get out of these clothes.

Mikey: can I come?

Me: mikey!

Mikey: I was joking. Sorry!

Me: idiot.

I walked into my room and changed out of my clothing. I put on a pair of pyjama shorts and an oversized t- shirt.

I walked back to mikey and he was sitting on the couch. I sat down beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. I felt an arm wrap around me. It felt nice. This felt nice.

Me: wanna watch another movie?

Mikey: that's all we do.

Me: sooo what should we do.

Mikey: you got a balcony right?

Me: yea.

Mikey: good. Where is it again?

Me: through the glass door over there.

He grabbed my hand as he stood up then pulled me up off the couch. He walked over to the glass door I pointed at and he took me outside. It was a nice warm night.

Mikey: let's watch the stars.

I had a lounge seat on the balcony and Mikey sat down while pulling me down with him. I was basically laying on top of him and as we both looked up watching the stars. I was in awe. The moon was a crescent moon and the stars were so brightly shown.

Me: it's beautiful.

Mikey: like you.

Me: that's cheesy.

Mikey: oh well. I meant it.

Me: thanks... I'm not one for compliments.

Mikey: I know that. I've been best friends with ya for 11 years, almost 12, and now....I get to call you my girlfriend.

Me: yup. And I get to call you my boyfriend. Also. Draken is gonna freak out, in a good way, and tease us.

Mikey: yea. I know.

Me: I guess your brother was right all along. We would end up together. A good couple.

Mikey: yea true. But. I prefer the term perfect.

Me: don't push it mikey.

Mikey: Alright alright. I'm just happy and being positive.

Me: like usual. I like it. Don't change.

Mikey: I won't as long as you don't.

Me: believe me, I don't plan on changing anytime soon.

Mikey: good. Neither do I.

Me: good.

We stayed out there for a little while before going back inside. It had been late at night. I didn't really want mikey walking around late. I know we're in a gang and shit. But still.

Me: hey. It's late. Do you wanna stay over?

Mikey: sure. I'd love to.

He walked down to my bedroom with me. And took his shirt off so he was only in his baggy shorts. He climbed into bed and so did I. I turned my light off and curled under the covers. Mikey pulled me into his chest. I wasn't complaining tho.

We cuddled together and eventually I fell asleep into a good nights sleep.

———

Another day rolled around and it was close to two in the afternoon. We agreed to go meet up with Draken near the hospital.

I threw on a pair of black baggy pants, white t-shirt and my toman boots. Mikey wore a baggy shirt and shorts.

We left the apartment hand in hand and started walking to the parking lot. We got on my bike and rode to the spot instead of walking.

We hopped off the bike and walked towards Draken hand in hand. Draken was there and waved us over.

Draken: hey you two.

Me: hey Draken.

Draken: you two... are holding hands?

Me: oh. Yea.

Mikey: I asked her out last night.

Draken: and I missed it. Sad. But congrats you two.

Me: heh. Thanks.

Mikey: thanks Kenny.

Me: so. What should we do?

Mikey: I don't know.

Draken: we could always go hang out at y/n's place for a movie.

Me: sounds good.

Mikey: alright. We always do that tho.

Me: we are free from doing any business shit. We should be relaxing before the big brawl.

Draken: that's true.

Mikey: fair point. Let's go.

So that's what we did.

We hung out for the whole day at my place. We watched movies for hours and ate some ramen.

Once we watched like four movies Draken went home and so did mikey.

I changed into pyjamas and read a book in my bed.

I got to thinking on how the three of us became a trio...