●Chapter Twenty-Eight●

That night, the team decided to try and perfect a synchronized attack. Kuroo, Kenma, Bokuto, and Akaashi were helping us. We ran this attack multiple times with multiple lineups, making sure we all knew how each person moved and how each person may react. 

"You guys are doing great. But here's the thing…" Kuroo started, "those of you who aren't getting the ball sent to you aren't putting your all into it. Pretend you're getting the ball, follow through and swing even if there's not a ball in front of you."

"What's the point in that?" Tsukki asked. 

"The point is to fake out the other team." Kenma rolled his eyes. 

"Few more times, get in position." Akaashi interrupted. Dude was a 'get to the point' kinda person. Can't blame him, sometimes that just works better. Especially on people like Noya and Tanaka, and I'm sure it works on Bokuto too.

After about thirty more runs, we called it a night. Thank God, because I was exhausted. We all headed back to the dorms and showered. Kenma and Kuroo decided they were staying in our room again. I can't lie, it's nice having them here. They're a lot of fun to be around. 

I didn't feel like playing video games, so I sat in Daichi's lap and cuddled with him. He held me and played with my hair, slowly putting me to sleep, even though I wanted to stay up and talk with everyone for a bit. I fought it off. 

"So, you guys think you can pull off another synchronized attack tomorrow?" Kuroo asked. 

"I hope, we're doing tournament style for the rest of camp, right?" Daichi asked. 

"Yep." Kenma said, playing on his phone.

"Yay, more chances to lose." I said sarcastically. 

"Oh, shut the fuck up. You took a set from us today." 

"Wow, one set." 

"See, this is your problem, Suga. You're not gonna fucking win with an attitude like that. All you do is put yourself down, you never fucking give yourself credit for what you can do." Kuroo lashes out. Fuck. I mean...He ain't wrong but damn. 

"Sorry…" was all I could manage to get out. 

"Listen, I didn't mean that to sound as harsh as it did, I'm sorry. Just, I know it's difficult but you need to try. Fake it till you make it. That's what I do...it's what I've been doing for years." Holy fuck, is he finally coming out about his issues?

"No, it's fine, just...wasn't expecting it." I cuddled into Daichi more. It hurt, but he was definitely right. 

"Suga, come with me for a minute." Kuroo said as he stood up. I got off Daichi and followed him out into the hall. 

"Do you really think I believe every cocky remark I make?"

"I did…."

"Hell no, dude. It's all for show. Internally, I'm a wreck, full of anxiety and wondering how I'm actually going to pull any of my attacks off." 

"You're amazing though." I said. 

"Thanks, but trust me, that's not how I feel. You know I struggle with things like this. We have very similar thinking patterns. Straight up, fake all your confidence and eventually, if only for a few moments, you'll have some kind of confidence."

"Does it actually work?"

No.

"Yes, in my experience anyways."

"Whatever you say, Kuroo. I'm heading back in. I wanna sleep." 

Even if you try that, it'll never work for you.