●Chapter Twenty-Six●

The next morning, or should I say later that morning, I was woken up by Daichi who had made it through the whole night. 

"Good morning, loves." 

"Let Me sleep." I groaned. 

"Time to get breakfast." He whispered in my ear before giving me a small kiss on my neck. 

"Fine." I rolled my eyes. I got up and dressed. It's gonna be a long day. 

*~*

We went through our usual morning routine. Eating, talking about today's plans, talking about absolutely random shit. 

"You guys gonna try and pull off another synchronized attack?" Kenma asked. 

"That's for me to know and yall to find out." I said, knowing I'd be the one initiating the attacks. 

"Fair enough." Kuroo butted in, leaning in his chair again. Did he not learn to not do that? The fuck? 

"Who do you think is going to win the tournament?" Bokuto asked. 

"Probably Shinzen. Home court advantage. Plus they're just that skilled." Akaashi answered. 

"All I know is it won't be you crows." Kuroo laughed. 

You'll never be better than these teams. 

I know. But that's fine, as long as I'm slowly getting better. 

*~*

I followed everyone to the gym. The white board was set up near where we usually meet with the tournament brackets set up and written. 

Karasuno with a first round BYE, Nekoma against Ubugawa, and Fukurodani against Shinzen. One net was set up for the games to be played on. The first game was between Nekoma and Ubugawa. Best of five sets wins. 

My entire team sat outside in a circle. We were strategizing what we were going to do. 

"I say leave it to our quicks." Kageyama said. 

"Listen, we need more than just that weapon." I said. 

"You wanna try and hit a quick?" Kageyama asked. 

"One of the special quicks?" 

"No shit." He said. 

"Let's try it. They'll never expect it coming from me. If it fails, it fails but...worth a try, right?" 

"You better not fuck it up." Kageyama warned. I don't think he'll do anything if I fail at first. He knows I won't get it right away and he knows I'm not an attacker. 

"Can we try synchronized attacks again?" Hinata asked. 

"Yeah, I know we only got one through, but I wanna try again." Noya agreed. 

"Let's do it then." Daichi said. 

"Do we wanna try adding another setter?" I asked. 

"We already have two amazing setters, we don't need a third." Asahi said.

"Okay, any other ideas?" Daichi asked. No one had anything else. I'm convinced we're under prepared but...let's fucking try this shit anyways. 

We headed back in to watch the match, which was now on its second set with Nekoma in the lead with a win under their belt. I studied the players, seeing what I can take from Kenma and maybe try to apply to myself when I set. I also looked at their attackers, seeing as I'll be attempting to hit some of Kageyama's fast balls.

Nekoma does every attack as a whole team. Everyone is moving in sync and working together. As with our team, usually only two or three people are in sync at a time, once we set up an attack anyone not involved usually stops getting involved. That's where we need to change. We need to be in full sync at all times on the court. Our energies need to match. I'm sure as the season goes on we'll be able to do it better. Hopefully, we can do it and make it all the way to nationals, and take down Seijoh and Shiratorizawa.