Chapter 6 - Permission to leave

As Stephen had his head stuck into a book, you appear one the second floor of the library. Green smoke faded away as you peer over with a grin, fingers tingling with excitement as you hide behind a shelf the moment he looks up.

Pure silence was interrupted by a pattering of water to hit the ground by the air conditioning. Drip by drip, eventually Strange lifts off his seat, creating a portal to grab a small bucket. Placed under the drip, he sighs out in annoyance at the disturbance.

You grin softly to yourself, watching his every step before flicking the pages of his book so his original one was lost. Yet, not one window was open which caused the sorcerer to deadpan around in confusion.

"What the hell?" He searches for the right page, right when he did find it his stack of books fell. One arm moved to catch it while a wind flickers the pages again. "Come on!" Stephen yells in anger, standing up and searching for a culprit.

"You Midgradians are so easily annoyed, it is... adorable," you lean on the railing, looking down at his scowl. "Aw,"

"Listen here, Laufeydottir," he watches you disappear in a cloud of smoke and appear in front of him.

"Yes?"

"Stop messing with everything, especially my work," he points a finger to you which your head tilts at. There were scars lining from the tips down to his wrists, paired with a slight shake you knew wasn't voluntary in any manner. Stephen sees your gaze and pulls his hand back down.

"It's my job,"

"No, it's your talent, alongside being annoying,"

"You sure know how to make a girl blush," you roll your eyes before grabbing the book he was on. "So, what are you doing exactly?"

"Reading,"

"Obsessed with me, are you?" You hold the page up making him sigh.

"More so on how to keep you in line," he snatches it away, glancing over you. "Don't you have something better to do, other than target me?"

"Yes, but seeing you complain is just so much more amusing," after this, your eyes dart to the cloak on his shoulders which detaches to float like a being with its own mind. "Curious..."

"Cloak of levitation," Strange explains, looking to the companion. It slowly floats around you before getting up close and personal to your face. In seconds it wraps around you, giving a hug as comforting as one your mother, Frigga, and Anna could.

"Hey- Uh..." you tense up, awkwardly looking around. "Does it do this often... uhm," you shift, slightly uncomfortable.

"Yes..." Strange tugs the cloak back onto him. "Sorry,"

"That's... okay," scratching the back of your neck a little, you step back for some space. "Well, I'll leave you to it," hurrying out of there as fast as possible, you trip over your feet but recover quickly with burning cheeks. "Shut up,"

"Didn't say anything," he raises both hands, holding back his smirk.

~~~

"What do you do all day?" Sauntering into the living room to approach your eldest brother, he munches repeatedly on a colourful snack. "What in the Norns is that?"

"A Pop tart," he offers one but rolls his eyes when you grimace. "Fine, don't need to hate so much, this is a wondrous treat, Y/n,"

"Looks like a ticket to a future of health problems," sitting beside him, you trace a bored finger along the marble. "Again, I ask, what are some things you can do?"

"When bored, most go outside... but considering your predicament I think not," Loki walks by, patting your head, easily dodging your blade.

"Why can't I go outside??" You whine, crossing your arms and propping your legs up on the table and leaning back slightly.

"Legs down," Thor warns, "I also do not trust you going outside, whether with Anna or not, Norns knows you both will be up to no good,"

"How dare you say that-" Loki was then cut off.

"No, Thor's right," Anna walks in. "If not with I alone, why not with Lady Natasha and Lady Wanda?"

Thor and Loki meet gazes, the blonde calling for the two other heroes. They were soon together, standing by the elevator with Peter hurrying behind them while holding donuts they had been consuming during a movie.

"What's up?" Nat crosses her arms, looking between the 4 over-a-millennium old beings.

"Would you be willing to take our sister and Anna out shopping?"

"Oh, oh," Peter raises a hand, balancing the donuts before handing them to Anna, who's eyes grow as big as saucers as she refrains from taking one. "Could I please come along? I wanna show Miss Y/n around!"

"I don't see why not,"

"Yes!" Peter fist pumps the air before hurrying away to get ready.

"I will tag along as well," Loki quips making you groan.

"Merely to steal my Lady in waiting away to fulfill your disgusting romantic cliches," you sneer as Loki deadpans.

"Yes, precisely," he says, "I thought that was more than obvious,"

"I'm still not used to this," Wanda gestures to Loki and Anna, "come on, let's get going, I'm sure there are sales on right now," she lends a hand out which you back away from. Wanda's face falls slightly as you cross your arms and stalk away with a sigh of relief.

"She okay?" Bucky and Sam see you waiting by the elevator.

"Just the usual Y/n," Loki looks to Thor then Anna, chewing on his inner cheek in worry which the two Asgardians caught easily.

Easy misconception: Loki didn't hate you. No, he never did. He acted as if he did to ward away those looking to use you against him, but at the end of the day it was simple. You were his little sister, and he would always worry, no matter what you did or say.

Family was what he valued most, despite his facade.

You were the very closest to family via blood he had. And though you hated him, again, he could never hate you.

~~~

I think everyone has had a bit too much to drink at this party

I think everyone has had a bit too much to drink at this party... Including me- (yes I am 18, legal drinking age here in Aus is 18 lmfao)

- Anna ❤️