11 | Darkness Arise

As the bounty made its way towards Ninjago city, the ninja started to come up with what to do next.

"So, what's the plan?" Nya asked around the group.

"We're going to start by gathering as many people as we can. We need to get them out of the city." Lloyd stated the team nodded. "We'll figure out what to do next once we've cleared that."

The flying ship approached Ninjago city. They soared above waters and got a clear view of the buildings.

"Uh, guys? I'm picking up a lot of distress calls on UHF." Zane announced as they got closer to the docks of the city.

"We're too late." Cole panicked as they all looked at each other.

"Maximum speed!" Lloyd demanded.

"Hold on, everyone." Was Nya's response as she boosted the power of the thrusters to make them go faster. "Come on, you unhinged ship." She kicked the box beneath the wheel and the bounty began flying faster.

"The commissioner!" Kai yelled as he looked down at the city and saw a small police force being cornered by a black cloud.

"Hurry, Nya!" Jay commanded and they arrived right above them. They threw some ropes and a ladder down as the ninja went to save them.

"The ninja!" The commissioner exclaimed. "Oh, boy, are we glad to see you guys."

"Commissioner, get your officers out of here." Lloyd informed them and pointed to the ladder.

"You heard him, move it!" The police commissioner commanded his team to climb up the ladder where the girls were waiting at the top.

They helped the small police force into the ship as the ninja tried to battle the dark cloud with their elemental powers.

"It's not working! You have to get out of there." Harumi stated through their communicator and the ninja looked at each other.

With no hesitation, they climbed up the ropes as it pulled them back into the ship. Cole was the last one to jump on which made a tendril from the darkness reach his leg.

"Uh, guys? Help! It's got me." He panicked as he tried to shake it off his leg and climb the rope. Cole started sliding down until there was no rope left and he fell onto the ground.

"Come on, buddy. I gotcha." Lloyd said as he jumped back down with his sword in his hand and sliced the cloud gripping Cole's foot. A rope fell beside them and Lloyd grabbed it while holding Cole with his other hand. "Reel us in, quick!" He commanded.

The two ninja went up as the rope carried them back onto the ship. Harumi and Pixal helped them get aboard.

"We need to go save some more people." Lloyd stated as he Harumi pulled him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ninja went around giving food and drinks to their new passengers. They hovered above the city which was now slowly being consumed by darkness. They had been able to save some citizens which made the ship a little too crowded.

"Here. Drink this, it's good for you." Jay told of the passengers as he held out a cup of tea.

"Your chances of survival have increased." Zane informed one of the survivors.

As the chattering continued, Lloyd silently gazed through the city from the ledge of the bounty. All he could see was dark clouds surrounding the very place he called home. As the protector of this realm, the pressure was on for this new threat seemed to already be 2 steps ahead.

"Something on your mind?" Harumi nudged him which made him glance at her direction as she stood beside the Green Ninja, she too, was looking out at the city.