20 | Into the Desert

It was early in the morning when Harumi woke up from noise outside her room. She covered her ears with her pillow but it did not seem to work for the noise only got louder. Harumi got up from her bed as she made her way towards the door. Once it was open, she saw the ninja running around with bags in their hands and clothes.

"Guys, it's too early for this." She groaned while rubbing her eyes. Her hair flowed behind her back for she had not yet tied it, Lloyd noticed this as he passed by and stopped his tracks.

"Hey, Rumi. Good morning!" He greeted with a love struck smile.

"Good morning, Lloyd. What are you up to?" She yawned.

"We all woke up early so we could start packing and leave as soon as possible for the dessert." He was really excited that he started jumping up and down.

"You be careful out there, okay? I almost lost you way too many times, Lloyd." Harumi held his hand and looked him in the eyes.

"Don't worry. I'll be back before you know it." Lloyd leaned in and kissed her forehead which made Harumi smile.

"Do you need help packing?" She offered after his kiss.

"Yes, please." Lloyd smiled and they made their way to his room.

The chaos ensued outside which made Harumi laugh.

"Has anyone seen my sunscreen?" Cole yelled as he ran with a sleeping bag in his hands.

"No!" Kai replied from behind him before he ran into a room.

"Cole, it's right here." Harumi pointed towards a drawer and Cole ran to it.

"Ugh I can't find it!" Kai groaned as he emptied a closet.

"Need your sleeping bag?" Harumi stuck her head in his room.

"Yeah, have you seen it?" Kai looked up and saw the girl holding the bag in her hands. "Thanks, Harumi!" He grabbed it from her and ran out of the room.

"Where's my sword?" Lloyd asked as he looked around.

"It's over here, Lloyd." Harumi informed him as she held it out for him.

"Are you bringing sneakers or boots?" Nya inquired as she stood by a corner.

"Sneakers!" Zane answered as he ran past her with his shurikens in his hand.

"Boots!" Kai also replied as he dragged his luggage behind him which made Nya even more confused.

"I suggest a different pair of shoes." Harumi spoke from behind her and held out a pair of ankle-high shoes.

"Thanks, Rumi!" Nya hugged her and grabbed the pair from her hands.

Kai and Lloyd nearly crashed into each other but managed to swerve to different directions before they did.

"Hey! Is that my starfarer comic?" Lloyd asked as he pointed to the book in his hand.

"You lent it to me, remember?" Kai explained.

"Like a year ago!" Lloyd protested which made Kai groan.

"Ugh. Take it." He placed the comic in his hands and ran off the other direction.

Harumi accompanied Zane to the laundry room as they went to get fresh clothes. They ran into Cole who stood in the middle of the hallway with his luggage on his hand.

"You're not bringing that, are you?" Zane asked as he saw what Cole had on his head.

"My soda-guzzler? You bet!" Cole responded as he turned around.