35: The Touch Of Passion

Caren returned home by 6pm with a bag full of lingeries. Jade was right after all, shopping for undergarments is indeed a fun activity to engage in. Jade wasn't a bad companion either. She liked that Jade gave her honest opinion when it came to the outfits she tried on.

Time was running by really quickly so Caren decided to get ready for the evening. She took a quick shower and proceeded to select an outfit for the evening.

Dylan arrived right on time. He was about to call her when he saw her exiting her apartment building.

"My, oh, my! How stunning you look tonight!" He smiled as he took a quick glance at her short purple dress underneath a black coat, down to her grey, faux suede, thigh high boots.

"Thank you!" She smiled. "You look great as usual."

"On this regular outfit?" He held his jacket open to reveal a blue stripped shirt on a pair of dark blue jeans. "Oh please! I know you're just trying to make me feel good." He smiled as he walked her to the passenger side and opened the door of the car for her.

"As long as it's working." She winked and entered the car.

"You know, I was so happy when I saw your text this afternoon." He said after he got into the car. "I wanted to call you so many times but I wasn't sure if I was going to get you at a good time, knowing you have a lot of things going on right now."

"Every time is a good time for you."

"I'll definitely put that into consideration from now on," He smiled. "Would you like us to go to the beach resort?"

"Wherever you like to go, I'm pretty much down for that." She smiled.

"I'm totally winning today. Must be my lucky day," He chuckled. "So tell me, what have you and Olivia been up to as regards the problem at hand?"

"Well there's hope for me." She smiled.

"Really? Were you able to find out any useful information about the person behind the camera?"

"Not yet! But we're on track. I met with Olivia's cousin, the person who was in charge of the party. He seemed to know something about it but refused spilling the beans. Instead, he asked me to exercise some patience until he's able to provide me with some proof."

"Proof? What kind of proof?"

"Apparently, he had security cameras all over the house. Something I hadn't noticed. He said he still has the footage from the party and that as soon as he can get his hands on the particular flash drive, he'll let Olivia and I know.

"This is really great news! Finally we're getting somewhere. Boy, is the person behind all of this in for a big surprise."

"I know right! Can't wait to put all of this behind me."

"Neither can I!"

Caren looked at him after that statement. She was amazed how someone who barely knew her would be so concerned about her problems.

"I can feel you staring at me. Is there something on my face? Tell me now so I can get it off before I end up embarrassing you." He smiled.

"There's nothing on you. I just want to say a big thank you for being so concerned about me."

"You're special to me so of course everything about you automatically becomes my concern.

"You're sweet!" She smiled.

"Feels good to know that.... Finally, we've arrived!" He said as he drove into an available parking space. "I'll get the door for you, don't worry."