Chapter 24

24th February 2020

Sumedh was fast asleep whilst Suhani was silently lying on bed beside him. There was something which was making her anxious. She sat up on bed and looked into cradle. Samar was still asleep.

Suhani sighed 'Sirf mujhe hi kyu nind nahi aa rahi' She thought.

Suhani stood up and came out of the bedroom. It was 2:30 am and Breeze was cool. She looked everywhere and felt weird. As if someone was watching her.

She was roaming everywhere with the same feeling. Her gaze was searching for someone or something that was making her feel uneasy.

Suddenly a gentle breeze made her aware that the main door was open. She widened her eyes and went there to lock it.

"Sumedh ne toh kaha tha ki usne lock kar diya hai" She said. But she remembered Sayali's words about double checking everything that Sumedh does. She cursed herself for being careless.

Suhani locked the door and turned back. She was still feeling uneasy but decided to ignore and sleep. She walked towards her bedroom when she heard something.

Suhani stopped walking. She felt knot in her stomach as she saw someone from corner of her left eye.

"Hum saamne aa hi gaye Suhani" Suhani heard a voice.

Suhani slowly turned and looked at that direction. There she was! There wasn't a single part of her body that was visible. She was covered in black clothes. Her hands were covered in black gloves and face with black mask. She had a big knife in her right hand.

Suhani was numb. She felt fear running down her spine. She wanted to scream but couldn't.

"Itne din.. Itne saal tumse bas ektarfa baat kar rahi thi tumhe letters likh ke. Aaj samne aaye hai hum dono pehli baar" That girl said.

"Kaun ho tum?" Suhani asked.

"Abhi toh bataya. Wahi ladki jo tumhe letters likhti thi. Jiske letters ko, jiski baato ko tumne baar baar ignore kar diya" She said "Aur uska nateeja ab yeh hai" She pointed the knife at her.

Suhani took a few steps back and screamed.

"Chailla kyu rahi ho?" The girl asked "Baccha uth jayega tumhara"

Suhani remembered about Samar and turned back to run when that girl grabbed her hair from behind.

"Sumedh" Suhani screamed "Help me"

Sumedh was awake. He was trying to call someone for help before going out.

"Sayali please police ke leke yaha aao. We need you" Sumedh whispered as Sayali picked up the phone.

"Kya hua hai?" Sayali asked.

"Koi ghus aaya hai hamare ghar me. Koi ladki hai. Uske haath me chaku hai" Sumedh told

He heard Suhani screaming again and kept his phone on bed.

Sumedh came outside.

"Leave her right now. Maine police ko bula liya hai wo log aate hi honge" Sumedh said "Please leave her. Tumhe problem mujhse hai toh deal with me"

"Problem tumse nahi hai Sumedh.. Problem tumse ho hi nahi sakti. Na tumse na Sayali se. Problem toh Suhani aur uske bacche se hai mujhe. Isne tumhe fasaya aur tum fas gaye. Sayali ko chhod ke isse shaadi kar li tumne? Jara bhi nahi socha ki Sayali ka kya hoga? " She said.

" Sayali khush hai. She never liked me. I love Suhani why don't you guys understand? " Sumedh said.

" Nahi Sumedh. Tum Sayali ko samajh hi nahi paye. Sayali pyar karti hai tumse. Tumne uska pyar andekha kar diya" She accused.