Chapter 20

23rd March 2018

Sumedh was watching the most traumatic scene of his life. He was standing next to Suhani who was in labour.

"Suhani you need to breath" Doctor announced.

Suhani was screaming loudly. Her whole body was sweating and she was in immense pain. She squeezed Sumedh's hand and looked at him with teary eyes.

"If I don't last please tell my baby that I loved him" She said.

"Suhani" Sumedh said "Nothing is gonna happen to you"

Doctors were waiting for another contraction but her contractions were slow.

"Suhani you have to wait for another contraction please don't push" Doctor told.

Suhani was crying "I am gonna die"

"You are not dying" Sumedh said "Look at me"

Suhani looked at him.

"We are having a baby and she's giving you a tough time" Sumedh said "But you're the mother. You're gonna get through this"

"Mr Sumedh it's already been twelve hours since she's in labour" Doctor said "If you want you can still opt for a c section"

"No no" Suhani protested "Itne ghante se yeh sab chal raha hai ab C section nahi" Suhani said.

"You're in so much pain" Sumedh said "Please think. Tum bahot thak gayi ho Suhani"

"No" She said.

"Okay. We will wait for another contraction" Doctor declared.

******

"Suhani you're doing well" Doctor said "Baby is almost out"

Sumedh and Suhani saw Doctor holding the baby. Sumedh couldn't contain his excitement. Suhani was very tired but as she saw her baby her eyes filled with tears of joy.

Sumedh kissed her hand "You did it"

Doctor handed them the baby.

"It's a boy" Suhani said as she hold him "Oh Sumedh.. He's a boy. My sweetest boy"

"I know" Sumedh looked at him "He's so cute"

"You wanted a daughter" She said.

"Doesn't matter" Sumedh said "He's so precious Suhani"

"I know" Suhani chuckled "He looks like you"

"He does" Sumedh smiled.

"Suhani you have to rest and we'll take care of your baby for now" Doctor said.

Suhani nodded.

****

17 August 2018

Sumedh opened his eyes and found himself sleeping on floor near Samar's cradle who was finally sleeping. Sumedh silently threw his fist in air and celebrated. He saw Suhani. She was also taking a nap whilst sitting.

Sumedh tapped on her cheek and woke her up. He signaled her that he's sleeping and a big smile came on her lips.

Samar, like all other babies, refused to sleep at night. Suhani and Sumedh had to sacrifice their sleep for him. Suhani was on maternity leave so she could sleep when Samar would sleep but it wasn't the case for Sumedh. He was directing another film which his father in law was producing. It was his second film as director. His first film was a grand success and everyone praised his directing skills but Sumedh wasn't exactly happy. Acting was his passion and he missed being on screen.