Chapter 11

3rd April 2020

For a change, Sumedh was asleep and Suhani was wide awake. All she could think was Samar's cry. She was sure that he was crying for help.

Suhani was cursing herself for wanting to hear his voice again. Why did she want him in pain? Why did she want him to wail? She was unsure about it but what she was sure of was the fact that something was wrong.

Suhani stood up and wore her slippers. She slowly came out of the room, trying not to disturb him. What was she gonna do now? Search for Samar? Search for something that will prove his existence?

Suhani entered in the room they had made for Samar. It was painted in blue color. There was a little white colored bed, a closet and even his cradle was there.

She sat beside his cradle and brushed her fingers over it's edge. They were so excited when they had bought it. Sumedh spent a day trying to assemble it and when finally it was done he danced all over the house making Suhani laugh.

A smile came on her lips after remembering the day at the same time a tear escaped from her eye. She pushed the cradle making it swing and remembered the nights they had sepnd without sleeping because Samar would be awake at night. He would play, laugh and be joyous at night and would sleep throughout the morning and afternoon.

Suhani kept pushing the empty cradle and remembering Samar. She stroked the empty mattress in cradle and for a moment she felt his presence. She felt him being in that cradle. She felt like she touched him.

Suhani startled and took her hand back. Cradle was still swinging. She widened her eyes and looked in cradle but it was still empty. Suhani's breaths were becoming irregular. She started panting. She couldn't believe but she couldn't even dare to deny what her senses felt.

She was processing it when suddenly she heard a woman screaming. This was it for Suhani. She stood up and came out of that room. She was sweating and scared. Who screamed? Who was there in cradle?

Her eyes were widened. She was looking everywhere when from corner of her eye she saw someone coming down from stairs. It was a black figure.. Tall and masculine. Suhani couldn't take anymore and screamed.

Sumedh came out after hearing her scream.

"Kya hua?" Sumedh caught her.

"Sumedh... Yaha koi hai.." She told.

Sumedh looked everywhere "Koi nahi hai Suhani"

"You'll have to believe me" She screamed "Yaha kuch galat hai. Koi hai.."

"Kaun?" Sumedh asked.

"Mujhe nahi pata kaun. Main.. Main Samar ke room me thi.." Suhani said "Tumne aawaj suni? Kisike chillane ki?"

"I was sleeping. Maine bas tumhari aawaj suni aur uth gaya. Uske pehle toh shayad nahi" Sumedh told.

"Mujhse pehle.. Jab andar thi room me.. Ek aurat chillayi.. Pehle maine ek bacchi ko chillate hue suna tha par ab koi aurat thi" Suhani told.

Sumedh was confused. He hugged Suhani "Shant ho jao"

"You don't believe me, do you?" She said "Tumne aaj subah Samar ki aawaj suni and still you don't believe" She left him.

"Samar ki aawaj suni maine par kis baat pe bharosa karu?" Sumedh asked.

"Iss baat pe ki Samar abhi bhi yahi hai. Aur uske sath koi aur... Shayad wo spirit.. That spirit is hurting our baby" Suhani said.

Sumedh kept looking at her.

"It's hurting our baby and soon it will try to hurt us" Suhani said.