Chapter 14

6th June 2016

Sumedh looked at his bride when he was asked to tie mangalsutra around her neck. It was going to be a sign of their forever union. The moment mattered very much to both of them.

Suhani was looking beautiful in her pink coloured nauvaree saree with green blouse and golden jewellery. Her hair were tied in a beautiful loose braid and decorated with flowers. Green bangles and golden nath was adding more glory to her look.

Suhani felt mangalsutra around her neck as he tied it. She gasped a little.

"I just tied a chain around your neck which forever made you mine and me yours.. You don't get to have second thoughts now" Sumedh slowly whispered in her ear.

Suhani chuckled "I am not having second thoughts"

Suhani lowered her lashes and Sumedh filled her hair partition with vermillion. Some of it spilled on her nose and everyone cheered as it was considered a good omen.

Their wedding was a very private affair. Only a few family members and friends were invited. Venue was Suhani's house and No media was allowed. This made Sumedh's already angry fans angrier.

They were extremely unhappy with his marriage decision. Suhani had to leave all social media platforms to save her sanity. She was tired of being called wh0re and s!ut. She was now his legally wedded wife and that's what mattered most to her.

Suhani was in love with him. She wanted to embrace everything which belonged to him. She had already accepted his family and friends but she knew that his fans mattered to him. She tried her best but their negativity didn't help.

She knew that there will be a point when the fans will get over Sayali and Sumedh phase of their lives. She decided to wait for that time and didn't force anything.

On the other hand fans wanted Suhani to be grateful to them. According to them she was snatching Sumedh from Sayali. She was the villain in their perfect love story and they were not 'doing anything' about it.

Suhani failed to understand the obsession his fans possessed. For his fans she was the witch who had bewitched him and coerced him into this marriage. For them she was a gold digger who's going behind his fame.

Sumedh was very ignorant towards this. Suhani always warned him about his obsessive fans but he thought that it's their natural response to something they didn't like and soon they'll get over with it.

After being officially married they stood in front of Ganesha idol to take blessings. Suhani wished for everything to be right. She wished for a life she was imagining.

Suddenly they heard a noice followed by some screams. Suhani and Sumedh startled and looked everywhere.

"Bahar gate ke pas aag lag gayi hai" Someone shouted.

Everyone ran towards gate. A store room was initiating place of fire then it spread through decorations and curtains around garden and main gate. Fire brigade was called. Sumedh saw some cameras, photographers and reporters outside the gate. They were told to step back but they were busy filming.

Photographers captured the moment when Suhani and Sumedh came outside. Their wedding look got leaked and was seen by thousands in a minute.

Fans started calling Suhani a bad omen and that she has brought bad luck in Sumedh's life.

"Tum dono andar jao. Yaha sab thik ho jayega" Shantanu assured.

Suhani was sad. This wasn't a good start to their journey. She wanted everything perfect but she felt like this incident ruined it.