Chapter 2

12th February 2016

Sumedh wasn't interested in meeting the girl for an arranged marriage. Like how could his family think that he'll agree for an arranged marriage? He was THE Sumedh Mudgalkar.

"These people don't know I already have so many girlfriends" He whispered in his brother's ear.

His elder brother, Shantanu, gave him a look "Kya naam hai unke? Do naam bata chal"

"Wellll" Sumedh started remembering "I don't know actually. I mean I know but I don't remember now. But they know my name I often hear them screaming it" He winked.

Shantanu rolled his eyes "Aise lakshan hai tumhare isiliye Aai ko laga tumhari shadi honi chahiye"

"Jaise tumhari hui. Kaha hai vahini?" Sumedh asked.

"Topic mat change karo" Shantanu said.

"I am not changing topic" Sumedh said "I am coming with you people to meet the girl. I'll meet her and I'll tell her the truth. Par fir bhi wo reject nahi karegi main hi kar dunga fir"

"I am so sure ki wo hi tumhe reject karegi" Shantanu said.

"Kuch bhi matlab. Mujhe koi kyu reject karega? Mere pas paisa hai aur main handsome hoo, famous hoo" Sumedh said.

"Basically uske papa ke pas jyada paisa hai Sumedh. Dahej me tumhara pura career kharid sakte hai wo" Shantanu told "He can produce your film"

Sumedh's eyes sparked "Let's go" He said.

****

Suhani was like her name. Extremely sweet and pleasant. Her smile was infectious. She could make any sad person smile. Her aura was positive and pure.

Sumedh saw her and was enchanted. He had many woman around him and he had this list in his mind about who's the most beautiful among them. He was surprised that Suhani topped in it.

Suhani was looking beautiful in her white coloured netted suit. She was simple and wasn't wearing makeup. Sumedh never knew that girls could look beautiful without makeup. Everything was surprising for him.

Suhani was talking to his mother and Sumedh kept looking at her. She was angelic. Her eyes were alluring and the best feature was her smile. Sumedh remembered all the women around him with seducing smiles and revealing clothes. She wasn't like them then how was he finding her beautiful?

Shanatnu nudged him and it broke Sumedh's trance.

"Yeh bahot jyada sweet hai. Yeh tumhe reject karne wali hai" Shantanu slowly whispered in his ear.

Sumedh sighed "I know. She can reject me" He slowly said.

Suhani wasn't looking at him directly. She was stealing glances whilst he was almost staring her. It made her uncomfortable and she adjusted her clothes.

Sumedh suddenly looked away. Shantanu was about to laugh but his wife, Saanvi, stopped him.

"Kaisa insan hai tu? Wo ladki ne apna dupatta sambhala tereko dekh ke" Shanatanu was trying hard not to say this loudly.

"Shut up" Sumedh looked elsewhere.

After what felt like eternity their parents suggested that they should talk alone.

Suhani and Sumedh decided to take a walk in garden. Her house was like a palace. Huge and beautiful. Sumedh was impressed.

Suhani on the other hand was awkward and uncomfortable. Sumedh cleared his throat to initiate the conversation.

"Hi. If you don't know, I am Sumedh Mudgalkar" Sumedh said "I am an actor"

Suhani suddenly looked up at him. Their eyes met and Sumedh felt his heart skipping a beat