Chamber of Secrets

The Chamber of Secrets was home to an ancient Basilisk, which, according to legend, was intended to be used to purge the area of Muggle-born students.

The Chamber is well hidden. There is a tiny snake figure scratched into the tap and when someone orders "open up" in Parseltongue, the sink recedes and a pipe appears.

You Slid down through this pipe that takes you to an underground passage, probably located under the lake. There are bones of small animals here and you discover the shed skin of the basilisk nearby when you venture down.

According to the legend, Slytherin and Gryffindor argued over whether to allow Muggle-born students into Hogwarts. When Gryffindor apparently won, Slytherin left the school, but not before building the Chamber. It became a shrine to himself, a temple-like room decorated with snake carvings and a massive statue of himself. Over the centuries, many great witches and wizards have searched for the Chamber but only those who spoke Parseltongue could find it, most of them in the direct family line of Slytherin himself.

Everyone else assumed that the Chamber was purely fiction. But my my, were they wrong.

A thousand years after Slytherin built the Chamber, his heir, Tom Riddle, started at Hogwarts. Riddle spent several years discovering how to open the Chamber and when he did, he unleashed the monster on the school. The monster was a Basilisk, which Tom could control since it is a great serpent and spoke Parseltongue as well. There were a number of attacks on Muggle-born students, ending in the death of Myrtle in a second-floor bathroom.

Tom's plan backfired on him, however. When the girl died, the headmaster, Armando Dippet, decided to close the school. Riddle came from a Muggle orphanage and he would have had to live there if Hogwarts closed. So Riddle framed Hagrid for the crime of opening the Chamber. Hagrid was expelled and the school remained open .

After the spirit of Tom Riddle returned to Hogwarts through his Horcrux-laden diary, he released the Basilisk to attack Muggleborns in the school. Luckily no one died this time, but many were petrified by the stare of the evil creature.

You managed to speak in Parseltongue word for "open".

The Chamber itself is a huge temple-like room with pillars and carved serpents. There is a massive statue of Salazar Slytherin at the far end from which the basilisk comes when summoned.
The Chamber was flanked with towering pillars that were entwined with carved wood, and the Statue of Slytherin was at the far end.

You went close towards the massive stone carved statue of Salazar Slytherin and touched it.

"With what consent do you come here?" "An apology... For behaving rudely towards you." "I forgive you." "So, you're the heir of Salazar Slytherin, am I correct?" "Yes darling, I indeed am." He smirked. "You unleashed the basilisk, didn't you?" "Yes." He sounded more annoyed. "And that led you to kill Myrtle Warren. Why did you do that?" "I'm just completing my descendant's work which he had never accomplished." He shrugged. "From what I know that, this basilisk kills half-bloods too..." You trailed off. "You're right love." "What if... I was in her place? Would you let it kill me? Or not?" Tom furrowed his eyebrows a scowl on his face, as if you were some witch who just fell from a high level, like your fine no bruises and your face just disfigured.

"Why would you ask me such stupendous question?" "Just wanted to know... Wait wait wait... Do you actually love me? Like seriously actually love me? Oh, just remembered you were born under a fucking love potion... How would you be in love with me?! You were using me!! You could've left me crushing in in the Devil's Snare in the first year. You knew you could just takes advantage of me so you could accomplish your goals. You knew I was powerful from the beginning, even I didn't knew of. You used me for your pleasure as well... How pathetic of me to realise it till now!" You were about to go when Tom spoke up

"Y/n, I---" Tom grabbed your wrist as your back was facing him. "Go ahead, manipulate me... That's all you fucking do! Leave me alone!" You said your voice cracking at the end he let go of you and you jogged towards the exit.

____________________________

You went towards your dorm, your head slightly down. The salty liquid called tears on your face. Druella saw you in that state and came up towards you. You raised your hand and nodded in disagreement."I don't want to talk about it, Ella." Druella understood and went towards Cygnus who was sitting on the leather Black couch.

_______________________

Druella's Pov

Druella saw the Slytherin Prefect keeping her head down and there were tears on her face. Cygnus furrowed his eyebrows and whispered to Druella, "What happened to her?" "Don't know." She went towards her best friend and was about to ask her but she neglected it. She clearly understood and went towards Cygnus. She cuddled with him as he was stroking her hair. "What's the matter, love?" "Y/n and Tom, they had a fight... I think it went really worse." Druella sighed. "Love you seem tired, I'll take you to your dorm. Leave her for a while. She'll come around. I think..." He trailed off at the last part. He took her in bridal style to her dorm.

Y/n's POV

They say sadness is behind anger, yet anger never comes unless in direct self defence, and so perhaps you can credit this natural passivity with your willingness to cry and feel pain, to let the sorrow teach you more about your true nature and how fragile we humans are.

Crying is a cleaning of the soul, a rebonding with the vulnerable self, a chance to realise what suffering and pain are for you... for others...

Hot tears streamed down your face, and you squeezed your eyelids shut in the hope your tears would stop. Your choppy breathing and watery eyes remained for quite some time, and you sat there unmoving.

_________________________

(A/n): Done, done, done!

Btw what's your star sign?

Mine's Capricorn ♑

Thank you for 620 reads!!! I really am thankful!!

Bye Shelles, Stay safe!!