Dealing with the Trouble

(A/N: Time skipped to 3 days later. Which is Thursday.)

A strong-willed yet mean-spirited and cruel girl, Merula Snyde was a talented young witch who exemplified many of Slytherin's traits, such as cunning, determination and ambition, though also the negative stereotypes of Slytherin, such as prizing pure-blood supremacy, as well as extreme arrogance.

But that really unsettled you because she always used to pick on you or either your friends.

She'll be near the classroom, bullying Meridith and forcing her to say she's the most powerful witch at Hogwarts. Meridith simply couldn't admit that since there are numerous other witches that are more powerful than her. You'll quickly interfere and stand up for Meridith, which will only cause Merula to swap her attention to you, especially once she hears that you are you're Merlin's descendant. She won't wait long until she starts making your life miserable.

You were rationalising on how to gain the lost Slytherin points, as Merula sabotaged your cauldron yesterday.

You remembered that you'd never added Bulbadox Powder!! From your studies, that looked like an explosive reaction causing by adding the Bulbadox powder.

Flashback

"Congratulations. You have cured the table of boils." Merula snickered

" Oh my! Darling are you okay? How did this happen?" Professor Slughorn asked.

" I think Merula Snyde did something to my cauldron." I said looking at her, she was too suspicious.

"Don't blame it on her! She's a really good student." Professor said

" I wouldn't blame it on her, but Merula threatened me and my friends, and said she would do something to make sure I failed Potions. She's threatened by me because she thinks I might be a more powerful witch." You said

"Is that true, Snyde?"

"Absolutely not, Professor. She's just as driven to ruin everything in Hogwarts."

'Did she just say that?' You thought to yourself, your blood began to boil that you could just kill her at any minute but it would be very rude. And you never wanted to get expelled.

"Your family has represented Slytherin well, Miss Snyde. I will be watching you closely to ensure you do the same." Professor Slughorn informed her.

"I'm sorry Wyllt, but I have to do this. Ten points from Slytherin." Professor said.

"I'm really sorry Professor Slughorn, I'll make sure I'll bring back those points." You said determinedly.

"You made the right choice by telling him about Merula. I'm sure you would have lost more house points if you didn't." Euphemia Braithewaite told you quietly.

"What is your problem? We're both in Slytherin. You just cost us House Points!" You said gritting your teeth.

"I'd rather lose House Points now than have you ruin Slytherin forever." Merula said. Oh how it made your blood boil just taking a glance at her.

"Now there's no doubt that I'm the most important first-year, and you're nothing but a disgrace." Merula said.

"Dismissed. Class y'all can take rest!" Professor Slughorn exclaimed.

You were walking all alone as you didn't want anyone's company for the thing you were accused of but you haven't done it. You had to go to the prefect to tell him the reason of why did you lose your house points.

You bumped into a Gryffindor student. "You're Y/n Merlin Wyllt??" "... Yes who are you?" "Duncan Longbottom. I'm a first year Gryffindor. I just wanted to say thank you for standing up to Merula Snyde." "Oh, umm.... Okay...."

"I have to go by the way. I have to go to the prefect." "Oh, okay bye see you around?" He said in a more questionable way.

_____________________________________

"You seemed like trouble considering you fought with Riddle the first day..."
Gabriel Truman said.
"I don't know what happened, but I never wanted to hurt Slytherin's chances of winning the cup." You said. "I believe you, Y/n. I would talk to Slughorn if I thought I would do any good. In any case, Professor Slughorn already sent you a letter directly to our common room." "Why wouldn't he send it to me?" "Probably cause his too busy."

You opened the letter scanning through every letter he wrote.

"Wyllt, I have discovered that your potion may have indeed tampered with. While it doesn't prove your innocence, it does cast some doubt, that Snyde has done it. Bring me a jar of pickled Slugs from the Potions Store room and I will consider restoring your House Points. Slughorn."

"There are directions to the Storeroom at the bottom of the letter."
"Want me to go with you? It's the least I can considering you stood up for me." Druella asked. "Thanks Druella, you know your way around the castle much more than me.

_______________________________

"The direction on Slughorn's letter say this is the Potions Store room." "I always thought it was located in the Tapestry Corridor. I suppose there must be more than one." "I need to find a jar of Pickled Slugs and bring them to Slughorn, so I can get those ten House Points back." "I can't see a thing. Did you close the door, Druella?" "I didn't it closed behind me as soon as I stepped in. And I think it's locked. You can cast the Wand-Lighting charm to help us see." "LUMOS! Isn't that the Devil's Snare we learnt in the Herbology class!" "Yep, indeed it is. Some fourth year Slytherins showed it to me when I first arrived. It's sensitive to light. If you're really better at the Wand-Lighting charm than me, escaping is no problem." "Merula you locked us in here?!" Druella exclaimed. "Along sending a fake letter from Slughorn. I told you things will get worse for you, Wyllt. Something has to stop you from ruining Hogwarts. It may as be the Devil's Snare..." "AHHH!" You screamed as it entangled in your waist and legs. "Y/n!" "We need to get out of here." "Merula is right about the Devil's Snare being sensitive to light. Use LUMOS while I try to open the door and I'll call for help. Help we're trapped with Devil's Snare help!" "LUMOS!! Oh my wizard God! There's so many of them!" You were casting the charm again and again, them backing off but after a few seconds entangling you too. "I've got to get outta of here! Some one please help us!" "LUMOS!" "Keep it up Y/n! I think I hear someone." You hear the door open. "LUMOS MAXIMA!" A sound of a boy chanted. You immediately recognised that voice. "Th-thanks." You said out of your breath. You both went quickly outside the room and panted.

"Thanks once again Tom." "You need to do a thing for me then.... Give me the book in return." "Oh yeah, I was thinking about giving it to you." "Oh my! Y/n, what happened to you, your uniform looks all crumpled up. Why did you go to that room?!" You could hear Professor Slughorn worriedly saying. "Merula. She gave me a fake letter. Your name was written on it."
you said, handling him the crumpled paper. "Oh my! That's Merula's handwriting. Take her to the hospital wing now will you? Riddle and Rosier?? I'll have a word with Merula."

Hello Shelles,

So tell me howz it? Btw this was my inspiration from the game Hogwarts: Mystery. Who's your favourite Hp Character leaving Tom? Mine is Cedric Diggory and Theodore Nott...

Love you Shelles...