The last hope

"I reckon we should go out somewhere... We haven't gone out since like ages. Approximately all we ever did were bury our skins with books." You blurted out looking at Tom with his quill and diary in his hands. "Mmm. You're right. Come on, let's go." He faintly smiled at you making your stomach flatter.

_______________________

As you both entered the "Three Broomsticks", all you could smell was butterbeer or pumpkin juice. You saw Slughorn talking to the bartender. You met Walburga and Orion and you invited them to join you both.

"Something to drink?" The waiter questioned.

"Uh... Yes, four butterbeer and some ginger in mine, please." Walburga spoke, the waiter nodded and left to go get you both drinks.

You looked at Tom glancing at something. So you turned your head and saw... Alphard. 'Why does he look pale? He doesn't look pale the last night...' Little did you know Tom knew about his love for you and threatened him to never talk or even set his eyes on you "You good, Y/n?" "I'm alright."

Orion turned his head toward your direction and exclaimed "Oh Merlin--"
You lifted your eyebrows and turned around. It was Lucretia and Ignatius.

You looked at Orion and he got uncomfortable. "Slick fucker." He mumbled. "Honestly, Orion they're just holding hands," Walburga said making you turn towards them. "And snogging." You said. You turned your back again and saw that the butterbeer has finally arrived. You took a sip of it. "I'd love to leave," Orion said. "What? You can't be serious!" Walburga softly yelled at him. "That happens to be my sister." He whispered. "So? What if it applies to us? You expect her to leave?!" She exclaimed. You choked on your butterbeer and Tom just blinked rapidly at Walburga.

"Hey, my boy," Slughorn said while you were beating on your chest. "Hello, professor. It's good to see you." He smiled at him. "And you, and you!! It's delightful to see your missus and your friends here too." After hearing the "missus" you started choking even more.  "What brings you here?" Tom said. Ignoring Tom's question Slughorn looks at you and questions, "Are you alright? My girl?" "Yeah, I'm alright." You said in between coughs.

Slughorn chuckled and almost spilt his drink. "All hands on deck, Black." He said to Walburga, making her nervously smile. He turned to Tom. "I just wanted to invite you to the supper... Would you come as always?" "Of course, sir." He faintly smiled at Slughorn. "What about you three?" "Yes sir, we'll consider it an honour." You spoke making Walburga and Orion shake their head in agreement.

"Splendid. Look for my owl." Walburga started sipping her butterbeer. As she drank it, the whipped cream was left on her lips. "You got..." Orion said, pointing to his lips. She raised her brows in confusion. Orion rose from his seat and wiped her upper lip and licked it making Walburga blush. Tom smirked at you making you smack his arm in the process. "Shush." You whispered, making Tom playfully roll his eyes.

____________________

"I want to take you somewhere else." Said Tom as he was holding your hands. "Where?" "Shh. It's a surprise." "You know that-" "YOU!" You heard an old lady exclaim. You were confused, you didn't know the voice, nor recognise it. You saw an old lady with a bent back running towards you. You took a few steps back and looked at Tom. He was just as confused as you were. She took your palms and saw it. "You are the last hope. Save yourself and us." And with that, she ran away.

You were bewildered and couldn't comprehend what that meant. Tom looked at you and asked, "Do you know her?" "Not at all..." "Forget about it, must be a frantic woman. Come on." He takes your hand in his and apparates.

He takes you to an unknown place. It had a lake, a beautiful one. There was a huge tree with a single swing. The rope was clung to the branches of the tree so tightly, the wood was perfectly carved as if it was made from a professional. You smiled and looked at Tom. "This is for you, my love." "I never wanted you to--" "Nuh-uh, don't say anything sit on the swing." You nodded your head as you went over to the swing and sat on it. He came towards you and placed himself behind the swing and started pushing your back lightly.

It made you feel as if you were in one of the muggle art. The swing had a seat that reminded you of the beach, of the wood that had become so beautiful for its time at sea, travelling with only the sun for company. You could see the grains that swirled in the way salt water does, and under the palm it was soft and smooth. You wondered for how long it had been alone in the wind, waiting, always waiting for the return of laughter and play, for the hostages of the tiny screens to be freed.

________________________________________

"What's the matter Y/n? You're quiet..." "I don't really know..." you said playing with the hem of his shirt. "Is it about the lady?" You nodded. "Don't worry, she's just nuts." he said. You nodded and cupped his face and kissed him.

"You know Yule ball is in 2 days." "Oh yeah, I won't show you my dress it's a surprise." You smirked at him. He just simply rolled his eyes.

___________________________

"An owl from my father?"

Dearest Daughter,

                                    I have heard that there would be a Yule ball two days later. I just wanted to make sure that you have enough galleons to buy a gown for you, and as far as I know, darling you would look good in anything. Just take these galleons and buy whatever you need for the ball.

Lots of love,

 Your Father.     

You saw a bag, ribbon tied on it. You decided to keep it in your cupboard, so you could utilise it tomorrow. You thought about taking Druella with you, and of course she would agree.