It will always be her...

As soon as the class got over, Abraxas scurried towards the exit... He wasn't always that fast to escape a class that seems too "tiring" for him. You looked towards Tom and saw Professor Slughorn constantly praising him again. It's always you, Druella, or Tom who was constantly getting praised by Slughorn. You could see a tinge of an irritated expression in his eyes and you couldn't help but chuckle. "I'm going to check on someone love..." you spoke in a morse code. You and Tom learned to do that since Tom couldn't leave him or you without showering praises. "On who?" He asked. "I'll be back." You saw a tinge of resentment in his eyes and you gave him a reassuring look his face softened when he met yours and he nodded indicating you to go. You smiled at him and jogged towards the exit.

You saw Abraxas, as usual, chit-chatting with Avery. You rushed towards them, "Abraxas, could I please speak to you?" You said formally. You were always the one to speak formally when it comes to people you don't know that well... "S-sure, my Lady..." "Don't address me with that, you can call me Y/n in public but not that... It sounds somewhat weird." "Sorry, Y/n."

You took Abraxas to the Prefect's bathroom. People were looking at you as if they thought something was going on between you and Abraxas. But you didn't care, all you wanted was answers.

You entered the bathroom with Abraxas behind your back. "What is it you wanted to say, my Lady?" "I saw the sceptical gaze at Y/bff... It seems that you're in love with her is that true?"

"N-no, I was just in a trance..." Abraxas trailed off. "Unrequited love. We’ve all been there, haven’t we? I know I certainly have. I’ve spent most of the last 2 years wallowing in it, and at the height of my obsession, I trawled Goodreads for hours, trying to find unrequited love quotes that would help put what was happening in my heart into words. It’s more like every electron in every atom in the universe paused, breathed in deeply, assessed the situation, and then reversed its course, spinning backwards, or the other way, which was the right way all along. And afterwards, the universe was the same, but infinitely more right."

"What are you talking about? M'lady, I swear to Merlin I don't love Y/bff!" "Come on!! I have seen you gazing so lovingly at Y/bff and how you never wanted to hurt Tiernan that's something... You, Abraxas are in love with her and nothing is ever going to change that!! So what if your family and her family are enemies? You never made that choice of being enemies with her and you fell in love with her!"

You saw that there was a look of realisation written all over his face. You were indeed right, Abraxas shouldn't be the one to get controlled by Brutus... Not like how Armand made his life as bad as hell..."You're right m'lady... But I don't know if she loves me the way I love her..." "How would you describe her?" "Noble. She's a true princess, whom I love more than life itself. She's kind, loving, dedicated, helpful, steadfast, honourable, 100 per cent trustworthy. She is a true blessing. She came from heaven. And when I look at her, I believe that God has dived down into the bottom of creation. She is the light from the moon and stars. She is the lamp of the temple. My eyes are always thirsty at one sight of her. And just a glimpse of that beautiful face, makes me go crazy. I have fallen in love with her radiant eyes, which are my both worlds. I have fallen in love with her smile, which is utterly contagious. I'm lost in her memories always. I see her in my dreams all night long, and when I wake up in the morning, I always wished I hadn't woken up like I want to be in that world. Exotic aromatic aroma like her sweet words. There's sweetness in her anger. Arrogant, yet full of colours. Flowers blossom on her lips. Moon can be found in her eyes. Scattered pearls like the morning rays, is her smile. I love departed from myself but fallen for her. If she was the company of my lonely journey, then having her in my life would be a blessing. She is beautiful, unique and special. She is fearfully and wonderfully made, and not a single soul ever is just like her. God in his infinite love for her made her on purpose, for a purpose, and he made her beautiful. He made her beautiful more than himself. It will always be her."

You smiled at Abraxas, "Wow, that indeed is love... Those words were too touching... You are in love with her. Don't worry Abraxas she's going to be yours one day or the other." you squeezed his shoulders reassuring him. He smiled at you. "Thank you, m'lady." He bowed down at you and went towards the exit of the bathroom.

___________________

You were walking toward the dimly lit dungeons when all of a sudden Tom rushed towards you and snaked his arm around your waist. You squealed "Tom!! You just scared me!! Merlin's saggy bread!!" "I apologise
Y/n." He raised his free hand in surrender. "Yeah yeah, whatever." You playfully rolled your eyes and snaked your arms around his waist too. He chuckled once again. You entered the common room when you saw Alphard look towards yours and Tom's and your hands wrapped around each other's waist, he went out in a huff. You furrowed your eyebrows and frowned in confusion and looked at Tom. He just shrugged and frowned.

_______________________

"So what was it that you wanted to check on someone? My love?" "Wanted to ask about the sceptical behaviour of Abraxas..." "What?! You were speaking to--" "Not like that love... He was staring at y/bff... I had my suspicions." You shrugged looking at the mirror and removing your earnings and tie. "What kind of suspicions should I know?" "Well... It seems that your trusted one is in love with my trusted one..." "Wait-- do you mean Abraxas is in love with y/bff?!" "Mhm..." "Wait so does Y/bff knows it?"  "I don't know..." "You should go to sleep you seem tired... Change your clothes as well..." You nodded and faintly smiled at him. That's when you knew you were in love with him.