Episode 8 - Legends Part 2

Hawkgirl came back to the team to tell Green Lantern what she saw during her chase with Music Master.

GL looks at the guild talking inside. "But it doesn't make any sense."

"Look. I don't know who that is, but the real Green Guardsman is gone and so are the rest of them." Hawkgirl tells him, firm that what she saw was real.

GL was quiet for a bit and said before flying away. "No! I don't believe it!"

"He seemed to take this quite personally." J'onn says while watching him leave.

Izuku comments with them. "I can't blame him. If I found out as a kid that All Might died years ago and that all I've been seeing is his cartoons and comics, I would've wanted to believe All Might never died at all too."

"I'll bring him back. Wait here for Flash." Hawkgirl says before flying after GL.

Izuku then thinks so only J'onn could hear. 'I'm going to go to the library to look into things.'

J'onn asks back telepathically. 'Are you sure you should go searching on your own? What if someone gets you while you're alone?'

'I'll be fine, J'onn. Whoever is behind all this is focused on making the distractions, so a public library isn't their concern.' Izuku responds back.

'You suspect someone is controlling the fight between heroes and villains?' J'onn asks him.

Izuku explains to the Martian. 'There has to be. I felt suspicions when you couldn't use your mind powers at certain times ever since we came here. And every time we try to get things under control, something else shows up and ruins the fight. Whoever hid the graves of the Justice Guild wants this fight to go on for eternity, and I'm getting to the bottom of this.'

Young Midorya heads off to look for clues on what was happening around them.

Sometime later, the Justice Guild got a call from the police that the Injustice Guild had robbed the mint and were escaping by blimp.

J'onn had no choice but to go with the guild for now, hoping Izuku, GL and Hawkgirl could meet up again later.

———————————————————————

Later at the Seaboard City Library...

Izuku walks into the library and looks around. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

It was just silence that followed, a dream come true for a librarian, but not a rookie detective like him.

Midorya went to the history section of the library and picks up a book, finding no title on and seeing the inside pages were blank.

He opens another book, but it was blank too, followed by the next book.

Every book in the library was blank!

Izuku looks around the place. "According to studies on the brain, the frontal lobe of the brain is unable to read when dreaming, which would explain no words in the books. But that would mean Hawkgirl wouldn't be able to read the graves."

"If this isn't a dream, then this is an illusion, which could be a play on the occipital lobe of the brain, with added effects on the rest of the mind. Which if that's the case....then the illusion is hiding something nearby while the crimes are the distraction from the real trick." Izuku thinks out loud.

"I need to see if the newspaper records are blank like the books to confirm this." Izuku says as he heads for the public records room beneath the library.