33

august 2015
houston tx

Later that day, Mr and Mrs Knight have decided on hosting a barbecue at their house.

It's not really for any sort of occasion, other than making the most of the weather being nice during summer.

However, their excuse is that it's acting as a small goodbye before Awsten leaves for Los Angeles again, where the band are heading out to record their next EP.

It's not a big gathering, but it's still enough people to make Awsten feel like he wants to cower away from all of them, due to his lingering bad mood— or, almost all of them.

"Awsten," Ashley calls, slipping in through the back door.

He turns around and raises an eyebrow, as a sign of acknowledgement, rather than saying anything.

"Can we talk?" She requests, letting out a long breath.

"Uh," Awsten takes a quick look around, before glancing at the time, "yeah, okay," he nods, "not here, though. Lets go upstairs," he suggests, being cautious of how this conversation could go, judging by how he's reading her demeanour already.

He knows he hasn't got a lot of time, since he has a flight to catch in just a few hours, but he wouldn't want to ignore Ashley and turn her away.

Awsten can tell that she's upset with him— it's painfully obvious because he knows her so well, and it sets him on edge as a precaution.

Although, he can't help his eyes from lingering as he looks at her.

She's wearing a pink summer dress, the top half nicely fitted to her figure, while the skirt flows, falling to her mid-thigh.

Due to her naturally pale complexion, Ashley doesn't often tan in the summer— but, she gets a sort of bronzer glow, that seems to have Awsten staring as if he's looking at her for the first time.

They head up to his bedroom, where Ashley spots Awsten's fully packed case, ready to go; she's hates the way it incites a small stabbing feeling in her chest.

"Why were you so mad at Geoff?" She folds her arms across her chest, as he shuts the door behind them. "He told me everything."

Awsten groans quietly. "We've talked it out. I don't see why he told you. It's fine—"

"No, it's not fine," Ashley cuts in. "And he told me because I asked, so don't get pissed at him for that, either," she adds, before waiting for another reply— but she doesn't receive one.

"Seriously, Awsten?" Ashley raises her eyebrows. "Going off on one at Geoff, interrupting band practice like that; it's not like you at all."

"I know, and it was a dick move, but—"

"Yeah, it was a dick move," she interrupts him again.

"Will you let me fucking finish, Ash?" Awsten sighs, growing increasingly frustrated, as his jealous feelings from earlier begin being pulled back to the surface. "I don't know why I should bother if you're not even gonna let me get more than two words out," he rolls his eyes, beginning to turn away and open his bedroom door.

magnetic • awsten knightजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें