18

tw - mentions of vomit/feeling sick.
{no one is actually sick, but they come close, so just be aware!}

january 2015
houston tx

"How're you feeling?" Awsten asks Ashley, once he's settled into the driver's seat.

"Tired," she sighs, lifting her head from where it's rested on the window, to shift her weight over to the other side, now leaning her head on Awsten's shoulder.

He freezes momentarily, as he looks down at her, before taking a deep breath, and putting his keys in the ignition.

"Where are we going?" Ashley yawns, rubbing her eyes.

"Back to your place," Awsten replies, beginning to drive away.

"I thought I was staying at yours," she frowns, her words muffled from where her face is pressed against his shoulder, to the point where it's incoherent to Awsten. "You're comfy," Ashley says, closing her eyes softly.

"Hey, woah, no—" He panics, as he glances down at her. "No falling asleep. You've gotta stay awake," Awsten nudges her, gently, causing her to open her eyes and look up at him. "You've gotta stay awake for me, okay?"

"M'kay," Ashley hums, laying her head on his shoulder again. "Stay awake for you," she repeats, mindlessly. "Can we play some music?" Ashley asks.

"Sure, what'd do you want?" Awsten responds, quietly, trying to keep his volume low, due to the likelihood of Ashley having a headache.

"Anything," she shrugs. "I like the stuff you like. And the stuff you make," Ashley adds, causing him to smile.

Awsten plays the last CD that had been in his car: Commit This To Memory by Motion City Soundtrack.

He turns the volume down to a more suitable volume, and Ashley hums in approval.

"Good?" Awsten asks, feeling her nod against his shoulder.

He's glad that the drive to Ashley's complex isn't very far, and that she manages to stay awake for the journey, as well as while he parks up.

"Can I sleep now?" She questions, leaning most of her weight on him, as they walk up to her floor, Awsten's arms secretly around her.

"No, not yet," he answers, earning a soft groan.

"Why?"

"Because," Awsten replies, fishing in his pocket for the set of keys that she'd handed him before they got out of the car.

"Because, why?" Ashley half-whines, when they stop outside of her door.

"Because you might have a concussion," Awsten tells her, unlocking her front door and guiding her inside. "I need to check how long you should stay awake for, before you can rest."

He leads Ashley into her bedroom, sitting her down on the bed, which he quickly regrets, when she instantly plants her face into her pillow.

"Hey, no— What did I say about staying awake?" Awsten sits her up again, a firm grip on her shoulders.

"Mhm, yes, stay awake for you. Sorry," Ashley mutters, leaning forward to rest her head on his shoulder again, while he kneels in front of her, pulling out his phone.