Yonko's ship

She felt hot, her cheeks were burning, sweat was running down the girl's back. Alex tossed and turned in discomfort, different colours blurred together as her eye flickered open, she couldn't make out anything. In the background she could hear a person talking, what they were saying was a mystery.

She tried to pull myself out of the feverish fog to no avail. It was really weird, because her consciousness was there, it felt like Alex was almost in the land of the living, just under the surface of the deep sea of sickness. But whatever she did the young girl couldn't quite break the surface and fully wake up. So, she was stuck floating in a half-woken state of fragmented dreams.

And this carried on for what felt like an eternity, that wasn't the worse of it either. On occasion memories would surface, things that she didn't want to think about, they would shove themselves into Alexandra's metaphorical face. Some sad, some scary and some that made no sense at all, which mashed together made some interesting dreams.

Then came the deep ringing, that turned into a loud wash of pain, making her body burn and brain scream. Suddenly just fast as it had come it was gone, all of the buzzing pain disappeared into a low droning, soon her self-awareness sank into oblivion. Finally leaving her drown in a sea of darkness as she fell into a deep sleep.

Light assaulted her eye as it slowly slid open, Alex was staring at a wooden ceiling, blinking a couple of times, her blurry vision solidified allowing her to see clearly. She was in the world of the living once more, but she felt horribly dizzy and maybe even a little sick.

She frowned concentrating hard, the surroundings became clearer until the kid could see everything in sharp detail. There was an arrow lodged between the wooden panels in the room's roof, actually the whole ceiling seemed to be damaged, there were burnt patches, claw marks and even some random assortments of broken weaponry, that were dug into the cracked wood. Alex wasn't sure of the cause of it all, but some of it looked especially old. For example, the burns, they almost looked faded with time.

She rolled onto her side, the bed she was lying in was warm and smelt of some kind of citrus fruit. She couldn't remember the last time she had slept in one, probably since the eye thing happened and that was at least a year ago now.

The room was dimly lit, an oil lamp was hung next to a door, illuminating a pair of figures. They were sat facing each other, a board between them, the blonde wasn't sure what they were playing but one of them wasn't very happy.

The smaller of the two forms had messy red hair which was turned fiery in the light, an annoyed scowl firmly in place. The taller one was much larger and heavy set, jet black hair and sharp teeth glinting as they sniggered. It was the two kids Alex had met after the sea king, though she could only recall them introducing themselves, nothing else before or after that. Her memory was drawing a blank. Well, it probably wasn't that important if she couldn't recollect anything else.

What are they doing here? Actually, where is here...?

Alexandra sat up stiffly, joints pulling as she moved. Heaving a heavy breath, she hated how much effort it was. Her gaze drifted, being quickly taken back by her surroundings, the room was a sight to behold.

The cabin was filled to the walls with odd items, one corner had a collection of skulls. Ranging from small birds to a huge cranium that could of belonged to a sea king. In the same area was a shelf stuffed to the limit with books, a bed was shoved into the far left wall. Even a bath tub was among the mess, it was filled to the brim with candy and junk food. Scarily that corner was the tidiest part in the entire room.

 Scarily that corner was the tidiest part in the entire room