Pirates and marines

Why wasn't life simple? Couldn't Alex have a little bit of peace once in awhile? Those thoughts whirled inside of her head; she had her shoulders hunched wanting to make herself as small as possible. Since leaving the bar the girl had wandered around the town in a slightly worried daze, eyes darting from person to person, most of them were pirates, though lucky not the pirates she was so intent on avoiding.

Why couldn't it have been anyone else? She could feel her guts twisting, shivers of anxiety ran under her skin, making her sweat, she clutched her arms tightly they had been scratched to pieces with all the stress. A slight tremor in her shoulders, however she refused to let it show, though she didn't do a very good job at it. She was trying to keep face carefully blank, she took deep calming breaths and tried not to think about it.

From what the lady had told her, the crew mostly stayed in the docks only venturing into town for supplies. That so far had only been two of them, Marco the Phoenix and Diamond Jozu. As for their captain, he had only been sighted overseeing his ship's repairs...

Shaking her head she decided to focus on something else, anything else was better then thinking about him. She passed by some stalls, tired looking merchants sat behind them, dark circles or nervous twitchy eyes followed her.

Every so often Alex would swipe items that caught her eye, nothing that was all that important, just more things to add to the growing haul of objects that were stashed in her hair. She could feel her body growing heavier, a telling sign that she would need to sort through her stolen stuff soon before it got to heavy to carry. It was a real shame she couldn't store food or water; it would be very helpful; The kid wouldn't have to worry about being hungry all the time.

As the day progressed into the evening, she started to think about finding somewhere to sleep. This town had lots of places to hide, old buildings were common place, some only held together by balancing wooden beams, probably not great for sleeping in. Alex could just imagine her luck, she'd be sleeping, minding her own business when the whole building would collapse on top of her. Yeah, no thanks.

She eventually came across a shed behind a rundown shop, it was probably the store house. Alex picked the lock with practiced ease and ventured inside. She was met with stacks of wooden crates and bags of vegetables stuffed haphazardly around the room. Closing the door behind her, the blonde grinned delighted as she immediately began rummaging through the stocks in search of dinner. She stuffed her face full of whatever her hands happened to grab, there was nothing better then a full stomach! Alex had learned that packing it in was vital to survive, because the next meal was never guaranteed, so she had to make the most of it.

Once satisfied, the girl dragged herself over to one of the empty crates, flopping over into it. She settled down, patting the wooden planks trying to find the comfiest spot, there really wasn't one, so in a last-ditch effort at some kind of comfort she shifted to her lion form. Somehow anywhere was comfortable when she was a lion, even a poky little crate.

This form was quite a lot bigger than human Alex, though that didn't take much to be honest, she was only four foot three, very small for her age. As for what she looked like, she was just your average lion. Nothing particularly special, the only telling sign that she was a human was her curly blonde fringe that hung in front her good eye, but even then, it could be argued that it was a simply a mane. But she was a lioness, they weren't supposed to have manes so... well it didn't really matter Alex, she was comfy that's all she cared about right now.

Relaxing she closed my eyes, curling up into a ball, the days events slowly disappearing, the anxiety slowly subsiding. Alex had been on this island all day and she hadn't seen even one Whitebeard pirate, so perhaps she wouldn't. That was a nice thought... Sleep took over.