Magnhild Valric

Newgate wasn't surprised when he sensed the young Sea king, if he had to guess it was probably Haruta's idea to try and fight it.
But soon his slight annoyance was replaced when he heard the screaming and it wasn't just Haruta...

When he found them in the clearing Grumpy had just gotten snatched up. His immediate reaction was to strangle the creature, although after he forced some logic into his head, the man saw that there was no blood as it tried to munch up the lion.

Despite it all Grumpy's hind-legs continued to claw at the beast's mouth. But it was getting progressively weaker.

So Whitebeard let lose a wave of conqueror's which halted the animal's chomping jaws, one firm death stare and Grumpy was spat to the ground.

"GO ON SCRAM!"

It turned tail and fled, the young Sea King slithered away without stopping to avoid any obstacles in its path.

Newgate turned towards his crying panicked children who were sat there shaking or at least two out of the three were anyway... Grumpy however made no such noise, only shaking the slobber from her fur, she remained pretty stoic. Although trying to decipher a lion's expression wasn't something he knew how to do.

But the Yonko had no need to read someone's face to understand how they felt.
His observation haki immediately picked up on the lion's emotions. Honestly she seemed less perturbed by what had just happened, seemingly more concerned over her siblings and Newgate's presence.

Then of course there was the fact that Grumpy wasn't hurt, despite being used as a chew toy by a Sea King, there was no blood, no physical injuries he could see. But that wasn't to say the girl wasn't almost killed, he'd felt it, her life force wavering as she was chomped on.

For a split second he was reminded of Grumpy fighting that old Sea king on the rock, the way she'd been slammed in to it. Yet that sharp stone hadn't done anything more than break her skin. Which meant it was her devil fruit's doing, the reason she'd been harmed at all back then was because she was covered in sea water which had obviously nullified her power.

Compared to Namur and Haruta who were bashed up but otherwise okay, he could tell those two were far more rattled by that situation than the one who'd almost become fish food.

Newgate didn't say anything as the King and Queen approached, bombarding him with questions, he opted to ignore. The whale brat followed after the Royal couple, his eyes narrowed searching for any threat to them.

Finally he approached his kids, kneeling down to somewhat their level. Haruta immediately dove on him, for a kid that picked fights wherever they went, they were always the one who ended up crying and flipping out.

He placed his huge scarred hand on Haru's head as they sobbed into his leg, soaking it in the process. He didn't mind, letting the child do their thing until they felt better.

Namur stood next to Grumpy rubbing his face of tears, it wasn't often that the boy cried. Which meant that Namur had been really distressed, not much got to him, most of the time he just went with the flow and if he did get upset he would be more inclined to think it over. But this case wasn't something he could mull over, for all his son knew, his sister was almost killed right in front of him.

Newgate could feel waves of frustration coming off him, but much more prominent was the anger. The anger however was aimed at himself.

"Namur... Don't beat ya self up. Yur a kid, ya couldn't do much more than what ya did."
Namur glanced up, quickly sliding his eyes to the side, avoiding eye contact, choosing to say nothing. Next to him Grumpy was shaking, but she seemed to be trying to ignore it, her focus was bouncing between her brother and sibling.