Idiot on a rock

Marco was concerned, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't. The time was slowly ticking over, the phoenix was starting to wonder if the stupid kid was actually serious, he really meant to sit there all night. It was coming up to midnight, the little idiot was still perched on his rock and he didn't seem to be moving anytime soon.

At first it had been rather funny, Marco had a good chuckle over the angry rude boy, even though said boy tried very hard to act tough. And even when the kid had tried to be as rude as possible, the most he could muster was childish insults, the man couldn't help but wonder how old the kid actually was.

Marco estimated he was probably around 11 or 12, he was short and stocky, though he was pretty sure the stockiness came from his muscular physic, not because the boy was well fed. Even from the ship he could see his ribcage, he was pale and had heavy bags under his eyes or eye? He wouldn't be surprised if he was missing one, people didn't go out of there way to hide one eye just for the heck of it. Well unless they were weird, Marco had met a lot of strange people on the sea, but the point was that this boy and the unhealthy way he looked made him think otherwise...

Despite all of that, the blonde boy was still being a stubborn little idiot. Wasn't he hungry? Wasn't he tired? Wasn't he thirsty? The answer to all of the questions was yes, it was quite obvious, the way the kid was sat hunched over, holding his stomach or the fact that he could see him trying to swallow any kind of saliva, to miserably quench his thirst even a little. All in all Marco was pretty worried.

He had tried reasoning with him without any success, some of the other members of the crew had too, yet the kid was just dead set on doing his own thing. Though Marco got the feeling that despite his clear angry and rude responses, this was just a very scared child, who was terrified of the situation he was in.

The phoenix made his way over to the railing once again, one last attempt at convincing the boy to come onto the ship voluntarily, if he refused again, then he didn't care what pops said, Marco was flying over there and dragging the kid off that rock.

"Hey! Kid, yoi!" The young blonde man yelled, he didn't beat around the bush, this seemed to be the only way to get the boy to answer.

He turned slightly, his sharp distrustful gaze coming to rest on Marco. However the boy didn't say anything in response, only continuing to watch him carefully, any kind of movement on Marco's part and the kid would tense up.

The older zoan user decided to start the conversation with something simple, if he could maybe gain his trust just a little it would be a big help. "I'm Marco by the way. What's your name, yoi?"

"That ain't any of your business!" The boy snapped, his shoulders went up sharply, bristling almost like a cat. Or lion.

Marco sighed, so much for it being simple...

"Is he still being a little shit?" Thatch asked quietly, he wandered over, coming to stand at his shoulder.

"Yeah, yoi... you'd think he would have given up by now"

Thatch had undid his pompadour for the night, long brown strands were blowing around his face, making it hard to make out the cooks expression. Marco couldn't even stand having even a bit of fringe let a lone a whole bloody mop of thick hair like his brother had.

Despite how different Marco and Thatch were, they both got on extremely well, they spent a lot of time hanging out. It helped that they were both 20, Marco being a few months older, something he enjoyed holding over his brother's head. While Thatch loved to be a nuisance and pranked him constantly as way of pay back. But right now, both of them were being serious.

"What do think we should do? I don't like how skinny he is... isn't he like dehydrated being out in the sun all day?"  Thatch murmured, Marco nodded, even though the phoenix was still a doctor in training, it was one of the first things he was taught, drinking was very, very important and even though that was obvious, learning all the science behind that stuff, had only drilled that home more.