Getaway in Brisbane

As much as hard you had tried to forget everything you had felt for the unsuspecting boy, you couldn't

The image of Jake took centre stage of your mind whenever you had nothing else to think about. Every single time your mind wanders off from work, he was the first thing that came into your mind.

To tell the truth, you were scared of it, of him.

All you could think of was the pain that you will have to go through if you let yourself fall. Loving someone was painful, or rather that was what you see in your parents.

And yet, there were times Jake would come back to nag at you a few days later as though he wasn't troubling you inside. He never lost his smile at every try to get in your mind while not being aware that he seems to be running there at all hours.

Seeing something move from the corner of your eye, you were snapped out from your thoughts.

You look up from your desk in your classroom at Jake as he hovered awkwardly before you, and you felt your eyebrows rise slightly.

He gestured to the empty seat beside yours,"Can I sit here?", he asks and even if you didn't answer, you watched him as he sat there, anyway, "Thank you"

Jake set about on getting out the things he need for his tutoring session and you return back to the book. You chewed on the inside of your cheek, cursing at your luck.

You were so curious about so many things but you couldn't ask him. Jake would be sharp enough to put two and two together before he realized what you were trying to hide.

Everything was so complicated in liking a boy.

"Y/N?", At the sound of your name, you glanced up at Jake. Only to find him staring at the table in concentration, "Will you come with me at Australia?"

"Um... what?", is what you answered as a question.

His shoulder is now touching yours and it's surprisingly comfortable. He is so warm and if possible, you wanted to lie in it for forever.

"Well, we'll have a holiday after the exams and I was wondering if you'd come with me? You don't have to worry about the expenses, I'll pay for it", he explains to you, smiling.

You hesitate for a moment, not sure if it's a good idea to fly in another country with a boy you were certainly trying to avoid. The others will not be there, so there will be no chance of making him jealous.

Then on the other hand, maybe for a time, you could enjoy Australia with him, and you just have to convinced yourself not too get attached too much.

You will be really the greatest dumb person if you put aside the invitation.

"Why not?", you say and grin at him, which is genuine.

Jake smiles and leans down to kiss you in the cheeks, then he goes down to lean his head in your shoulder the whole time of your study time with him. All the while being ignorant to your heart panicking inside.