Chapter 1: Waking Up

Hello fellow writers/readers, I present to you, yet another fan fiction. Yay! The whole One Direction thing will start around the end of the second chapter. Just needed to explain the beginning for you guys. Violet is a complicated character. Oh and just a warning to some of you out there. This story may be triggering. I hope you guys enjoy it <3 -Marisol

*Violet's POV*

"What caused her to go this far?" I heard a male voice ask.

I was barely coming to, and I had no idea where I was. It was bright, too bright. I looked around, repeatedly blinking, trying to adjust my eyes to the bright lights. I felt a tug at my arm and I glanced over to see my arm prodded with various needles; I was hooked up to an IV drip. I was in a hospital? What the hell was I doing here?

"I don't know what happened, I just feel like shit now. Why would she want to end it that way?" I heard another voice say.

The voices were coming from somewhere outside the door of the room. Which by the way, it had a terrible wallpaper. I tried to sit up, but I found that I was strapped to the bed. Why did they have me restrained?

"Well your daughter has full out developed an eating disorder, and it is one of the worse cases I have seen in a while. Plus the cuts on her arms and legs all needed stitches, and we also got all of the meds out of her system." The first voice explained.

Cuts? Eating disorder? Meds? What was going on? What happened, and why was I here?

"Niece," I heard my uncle correct whomever he was talking to.

What was he doing here? I needed answers, and now.

"Alex?" I croaked out, my throat feeling extremely dry.

The door creaked open and in peered my aunt and uncle. They were with another man in a white coat; oh great a doctor.

"Violet, sweetie, you're okay!" my aunt cried as she ran to me.

She was about to throw her arms around me, but stopped when she saw all the wires attached to me. So she settled with gently patting my head.

"What is going on?" I faced my uncle, quizzically looking over at the doctor.

"Umm Violet...you tried to kill yourself" he uttered.

I instantly froze, and it all came back to me...

(10 hours before)

"Violet, you are worrying me; you have lost an awful lot of weight" Amie told me for the umpteenth time.

"I'm fine really" I told her, feigning a smile.

She gave me one of her knowing looks, but dropped the subject. We kept browsing through the clothes in the store. I pulled out a shimmery black dress and held it up to myself. It was a couple sizes too small for me. Fat, fat, fat, I really need to lose more weight. I put it back on the rack and walked away from there.

"Hey, where are you going" Amie cried out, and ran after me.

I exited the store and walked in the general direction towards the main exit of the mall. I could hear Amie trying to keep up with me, but I didn't slow my pace. I burst through the door and broke into a run towards the bus stop. The bus was barely arriving so I quickly hopped on. I settled down in a seat and watched Amie barely run out of the mall. She stood at the curb, looking around for me. I slid down, as the bus drove by, so she wouldn't see me.

"I'm sorry..." I whispered.

I watched the scenery whizz by as the bus drove on. I may have just overreacted back there, and now Amie was probably wondering what hit me. She just didn't get it. I felt disgusted with myself, and I had recently received a letter from my father; my real father. I'm adopted. My real parents were too young to take charge and raise me, so they gave me up to his older brother. They never tried to reach out to me. They just gave up on me. And in that letter the man that is considered my dad, informed me that my mom died in a car accident. It was just so much for me to take in.