Chapter 7: Karaoke

Chapter 7: Karaoke

We did know the song ("Hangover" by Taio Cruz, cliche right?) and we did all for the most part join in somehow. It was fun. Mercedes and Artie led and everyone loosened up a little. John even sung and impressed everyone with his amazing voice.

Then Quinn got on stage and sang "How We Do" by Rita Ora, another perfect party song that she held Puck's gaze through the whole time. They were definitely still into each other. Meanwhile Santana and Brittany were rekindling their fire and Sam kept looking over at them as they flirted away. Poor guy.

"Wanna sing a song?" he asked me when Quinn finished singing. I was a bit startled but he pulled me with him to the stage, took a guitar, and sat behind me. I guess we were doing an acoustic performance. I asked him what song and he whispered it to me. I smiled and he started playing, humming the first part.

I started singing,

If I could escape I would but,
First of all, let me say
I must apologize for acting stank & treating you this way

Then Sam joined me for,

Cause I've been acting like sour milk all on the floor
It's your fault you didn't shut the refrigerator
Maybe that's the reason I've been acting so cold?

He left me for the chorus and instead did the backup for me, making it sound too perfect.

If I could escape & recreate a place that's my own world
& I could be your favourite girl (forever), Perfectly together
Tell me boy now wouldn't that be sweet? (sweet escape)
If I could be sweet, I know I've been a real bad girl (I'll try to change)
I didn't mean for you to get hurt (whatsoever)
We can make it better, Tell me boy wouldn't that be sweet? (sweet escape)

And Sam sang,
I want to get away, to our sweet escape
I want to get away, yeah

And the same pattern continued onto the next verse and the chorus. When we finished I couldn't help but point out to myself that John had stopped making out with Sugar as soon as he heard my voice when I started singing. But then again, he was probably just still in shock about my suddenly being okay with singing in public. I shook thoughts of John away. I wasn't in love with him. The kiss had just been really good and my drunkness heightened the emotions at the moment. It was nothing.

I spent the rest of the night chatting and dancing with Sam. Brittany had left without saying anything, John was all over Sugar, Santana and Cory had started hitting it off, and Ryder did whatever he could to keep me away from Jake. So really, Sam and I were each other's only company.