Chapter 6: It's All Games

"Let's get started!" Sugar cheerfully exclaimed.

"Should we be letting them do this...?" Mike asked Mercedes. Mercedes was pretty tipsy and simply shrugged. Just as Sugar took the first spin, I watched Finn, Santana, and Cory walk in.

"Cory?" asked John as Sugar's bottle landed on Artie and he merrily leaned in for a kiss. Good thing he didn't watch that.

"It's crazy who I bumped into at the restaurant I was studying at," said Cory, blushing as he nodded at Santana.

"Hey guys!" she shouted as Sugar and Artie finally stopped kissing. "My mom cancelled last minute."

"And Marley wasn't able to call her mom back in time to stop her from coming so she just picked her up," said Finn. He looked around and asked, "Are you all drunk? Are there designated drivers?"

"That would be me," said Mike.

"And me," said Puck and Jake at the same time.

"And me!" exclaimed Tina, followed by an outburst of laughter, which Mercedes joined in on.

"And now it's time to continue!" exclaimed Sugar as she handed the bottle over to Jake.

The alumni established rules in which none of them would kiss any of us sophomores or juniors because then it'd be weird. But they did agree to let us have the type of fun they had when they were in our shoes. Or something about cheese. Not sure what I was hearing. Anyway, Cory was off talking to Finn at a table while everyone else either watched or participated in the game.

Jake hesitantly spun the bottle and it landed on Tina. Mike awkwardly looked away as they kissed briefly. Wade, who had been uncharacteristically quiet, got up and stepped out of the circle. I could see why it'd be awkward for him to take part in this game as he sat with Blaine, who was just watching with a smile.

"Me next!" exclaimed Kitty. She took the bottle, spun it, and made a face when it landed on Joe. He pulled back his dreads and leaned in. She kissed him and I noticed a look of discomfort on Quinn's face. Had she dated him? I couldn't remember. The kiss was longer than expected. I guess the Jesus freaks must have really enjoyed the taste of each other's lips.

Kitty finally pulled away and tried to pretend that she hadn't loved every second of that. The bottle went around a couple more times after that. Brittany kissed Kitty, Sugar kissed Joe, Sam kissed Tina, and finally Santana kissed Puck. The last one definitely rattled something inside Quinn because she stood up and walked off, with Kitty chasing after her as was expected. Brittany also looked upset, so it only makes sense that when an angry Santana stormed off after Quinn's small scene, she followed after her. Sam didn't look to happy about that, but he was a good sport and continued the game.

The bottle went to John next- by the way, he seemed to have really been hitting it off with everyone- and he quickly spun. In an awkward turn of events, I was the one it landed on. I thought he wouldn't want to make things weird for us by kissing me, but instead he crawled across the circle over to me and leaned in, pressing his lips against mine. And that was when I had my first kiss.

I'm not sure how long it actually was but it felt like we were there for hours. It was him who pulled away, quickly returning to his place and seeming totally unaffected as he urged the game to continue and the next person to spin. But it had affected me. It was this crazy feeling when we kissed. An epiphany. At that moment I realized what had been there for me all my life. I was in love with John.

I tried not to overthink it as the game continued and when it was my turn struggled just to grab a hold of the bottle. When it was finally spinning I felt really sick and nauseous from looking at it, getting dizzier by the second. Then it stopped and I looked up at Jake, sitting straight across from me, staring down at the bottle that was pointed right at him. I looked over at John, who was staring down at the ground and not at me. Then I met Ryder's gaze and I knew he probably thought the worst of me.

I began moving towards Jake and he met me in the middle of the circle. My hands were shaking as I leaned in closer to him, feeling my cheeks hot and my forehead sweaty. He leaned in and we were about an inch apart when he closed his eyes. Our lips were a millimeter away from touching, when I felt my stomach churn and stood up, running over to the nearest trash can and puking into it. Beer is gross.

I felt someone help me to the restroom and after puking several times, finally recovered and walked out the stall to see that it was Cory and Finn.

"You okay?" asked Cory.

"Yeah," I said. "Just really dizzy."

"Because you're drunk," said Finn. "Come on, let's help you back out there."

"I can walk," I insisted. "I'm fine." I walked out of the restroom with both of them walking closely behind, as if I could drop at any moment.

Nobody was playing anymore. Instead, John was making out with Sugar at a table. Santana was laughing with Brittany at another. Quinn was watching Puck, who was staring at Santana, and Kitty was watching Jake, who was walking towards me. I stopped observing enough to realize that I was a mess.

"Here to claim your kiss?" I asked him jokingly as Cory and Finn walked off.

He smiled and said, "Come on, Mercedes and Mike are setting up for some karaoke."

I followed him over to a table and took a seat across from him. Ryder slid in next to him and Sam next to me, making it really awkward. But hey, who doesn't like being surrounded by three hot guys?

"Come on everyone!" exclaimed Mercedes. "There's enough microphones for everyone and I know you all know this song!"